EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

"Gostude" is so-named because he collects and runs Studebaker and other old American cars. Here's his Farcebook page, plus one of his cars. I think he may originate from "Down Under".

Meanwhile, the proper kit-built stuff is offered at somewhat more stratospheric levels. I wonder if Larry Goddard ("Coachmann") recognises some of his past work:

You could buy a secondhand car for this

....also this...

....and this!

Oh, and here I am brazenly making a mark-up on a used motor that was cheaper when new, but I'll claim it as "new" anyway... - correct me if I'm wrong, but that obvious blobby solder tag wouldn't be on a brand-new motor.....! :jester:

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not that I'm defending our "friend", but I personally don't think those prices are too way off the mark when you consider their master builder provenance, compared with other 4mm coach builders they are not that far wide of the mark.

The problem I have with him is, assuming they were bought at auction, he will probably have pushed a genuine modeller who wanted the coaches for his own use out of the bidding, and then resells them over the odds.

Mike.

"Gostude" is so-named because he collects and runs Studebaker and other old American cars. Here's his Farcebook page, plus one of his cars. I think he may originate from "Down Under".

I think the majority of 'anglos' from Down Under originally started from 'Up There' ! Not to mention our heritage came from pilfering so we were sent 'down under' by order.. :mosking:

Cheers, Gary.

• RMweb Gold

Now this may be a decent starting price - but beware.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VITRAINS-CLASS-47-COLLECTION-/290944987649?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43bdac3201

Not only does the seller have a reputation of fat zero, he also lacks the instruction sheets to go with the locos. Not quite right, I think.

• RMweb Premium

21 locos.

1240 of your Earth pounds.

One photo. Of some of the locos. And some others which aren't in the listing.

Form an orderly queue, ladies and gentlemen.

And don't forget the free Lima tankers to cover your fuel costs for picking up!

Cheers,

Mick

EDIT: typo fixed - ta C&WR

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

An old 'friend' re-visited.  Regular viewers and listeners won't be surprised to see it was listed twice at £1,370 with no takers and so far once at £1,050 with........ err no takers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Network-Rail-and-Railtrack-model-collection-HO-OO-Hornby-Lima-Dapol-Kibri-/321154520964?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ac64d1784

• RMweb Premium

Not totally on topic (and in my opinion shouldn't be on sale) but WTF is going on with the bidding on this simple little item?!?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/First-Great-Western-Railway-Neck-Lanyard-Uniform-Tie-Neck-Strap-ID-holder-/151076369236?pt=UK_Collectables_Railwayana_RL&hash=item232cda7354

• RMweb Gold