EBay madness

Marcyg

How much would a complete, working, good S/H Class 37 cost?

And you would get a body, chassis, motor etc!

or you could have this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Bachmann-Class-37-chassis-21-pin-DCC-very-latest-version-BRAND-NEW-/261412106492

Keith

which is intresting as he has been selling these chassis for ages, whats he done with the bodies, boxes etc, surely you would get more for the whole model..... Or am I just being a bit fick ! :scratchhead:

Surprisingly, he has a maroon switcher (Much harder to find) for sale at about a third of that price. I've asked the seller if this is a typo.

I sent him a message. The reply I got was that the decimal point was in the wrong place and the price should be 128 pounds. Slightly more realistic for this model in this condition.

I have dealt with this seller before and he is quite good with his items.

How much would a complete, working, good S/H Class 37 cost?

And you would get a body, chassis, motor etc!

or you could have this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Bachmann-Class-37-chassis-21-pin-DCC-very-latest-version-BRAND-NEW-/261412106492

Keith

Sometimes though Keith, the world is a strange place, with strange people in it, I wonder what goes on in their heads sometimes ???

• RMweb Premium

which is intresting as he has been selling these chassis for ages, whats he done with the bodies, boxes etc, surely you would get more for the whole model..... Or am I just being a bit fick ! :scratchhead:

With many models on EBay you seem to get considerably more for it if you sell body, chassis, box and bits as separate lots than if you sold it complete.  You watch what happens when the Bachmann Stand Scrum gets home from Ally Pally in a couple of weeks time, a lot is plundered off that stand purely for profit sadly,

Umm, i'm pretty sure someone hasn't been to WH Smiths recently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-gauge-MALLARD-/271415366876?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f319dd4dc&nma=true&si=nNpTlMdmQyz8pjGvSeqMLu9%252BOxY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It doesnt even come with the base, or the magazine. To be fair, I dont think the seller has mis-sold it in any way either, but I can see it being returned when the buyer works out just what he/shes bought!

Umm, i'm pretty sure someone hasn't been to WH Smiths recently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-gauge-MALLARD-/271415366876?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f319dd4dc&nma=true&si=nNpTlMdmQyz8pjGvSeqMLu9%252BOxY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It doesnt even come with the base, or the magazine. To be fair, I dont think the seller has mis-sold it in any way either, but I can see it being returned when the buyer works out just what he/shes bought!

How is it "NEW"?

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions

Some people obviously don't read the item description.....

How is it "NEW"?

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions

Some people obviously don't read the item description.....

Ahh yes, I completely forgot about the info at the top as well. Still, there is no mention of it being tested, or working, etc. I guess it shows how good the models actually are though, as there were four unique bidders with the min amount bid being £22!

Ahh yes, I completely forgot about the info at the top as well. Still, there is no mention of it being tested, or working, etc. I guess it shows how good the models actually are though, as there were four unique bidders with the min amount bid being £22!

The give away would possibly have been a photo of the underside...but even that isn't bad!

gallery_12119_2911_54769.jpg

I do believe this listing is on a par with the "show a photo of the box for an X-box" and send just the box type listings.  Caveat Emptor...Buyer Beware...

Taking the loco off the base and shewing it on some "proper" track is the clue here...why else do this?

On another tack...

For a complete "breakdown" of the model, please see the "Mallard Dismantled" section here...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/76497-sarahs-projects/?p=1366158

Edited by Sarahagain

Wrong on at least three counts - make - designer- price!

To be pedantic, she shouldn't be lined either.

Edited by Il Grifone

Wrong on at least three counts - make - designer- price!

To be pedantic, she shouldn't be lined either.

It's the BR Green version with GWR transfers on the tender...and still has the smokebox numberplate.

Most probably Mainline (Palitoy) made.

Mr. Collett would be probably be a bit dis-chuffed to see his up-to-date goods loco attributed to Mr.Dean!

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 2

Just asked question. Will post if/when a reply is received.

And the answer is....

"I buy lots of items from auctions, these models were in a job lot I bought about 8 days ago from a local auction that deals in bankrupt stock, as much as I would like to research where all the items I buy etc come from, how much they were, how much they should sell for etc, I do not have the time etc to do this sometimes I just have to take a gamble and hope it pays off, After reading your email this morning I did take a trip to WHSmith and couldn't find these so unfortunately I am no wiser to the answer of your question cheers martin

- bankrupt_reclaimed_stock_clearance"

Hmm. Who knows....

And the answer is....

"I buy lots of items from auctions, these models were in a job lot I bought about 8 days ago from a local auction that deals in bankrupt stock, as much as I would like to research where all the items I buy etc come from, how much they were, how much they should sell for etc, I do not have the time etc to do this sometimes I just have to take a gamble and hope it pays off, After reading your email this morning I did take a trip to WHSmith and couldn't find these so unfortunately I am no wiser to the answer of your question cheers martin

- bankrupt_reclaimed_stock_clearance"

Hmm. Who knows....

*strokes chin in thoughtful fashion*

Hmm indeed....