EBay madness

Marcyg

How is it even possible to get a model not long out into such a mess:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-class-85-/251561307164?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3a9238ec1c

:O

Another way of looking at it is that you are paying 45 quid for a CKD P4 model. And it really is completely knocked down.

I'd be tempted to say it was ****ed, wouldn't you?  :jester:

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

How is it even possible to get a model not long out into such a mess:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-class-85-/251561307164?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3a9238ec1c

:O

. And it really is completely knocked down.

Knocked down? More like knocked off - it is from Merseyside after all...........................  :jester: (Apologies to offended scousers)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Not model railways I know but "Please see pic for what you will receive".

Now I know Lego do translucent bricks but really?!?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-28-/121364752153?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item1c41e72719

He's got 30 items all the same!  Perhaps they're just placeholders, and when he's got something to sell he'll change the picture, and possibly the price.

• RMweb Premium

He's got 30 items all the same!  Perhaps they're just placeholders, and when he's got something to sell he'll change the picture, and possibly the price.

Waverley Deltic or whatever non-de-plume he uses these days used to use the same tactic to take advantage of free listing days. I used to report him to Ebay regularly but these days Ebay 1) no longer offer the option to report the specific offence of blank listings and 2) they don't seem to care.

• RMweb Gold

but these days Ebay 1) ...... 2) they don't seem to care.

I agree John.  That's why I don't care to report anything to Ebay anymore. They don't seem to care and if I contact the seller I usually get either a smart alec answer, or an abusive one.

Rails have a very optimistic buy-it-now policy for kit built stuff, it'll come around again for less I'm sure...

Paul A 

I agree John.  That's why I don't care to report anything to Ebay anymore. They don't seem to care and if I contact the seller I usually get either a smart alec answer, or an abusive one.

Colin.

At least you got a reply from the sellers.

I have contacted the traders who persistently describe RTR items as kit built and have never had a single reply.

Andy.

Edited by andytrains

• RMweb Premium

What's missing?

"Knackered Class 47"?

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Haha I'm laughing at the description but the buyer will be crying, there is nothing salvagable once the Heljan 47 does that beyond the mechanism there!! I had one that went 'pop' - opened the box one day to find the metal had twisted and expanded by almost half an inch over the course of a few years, wouldn't even sit on the track!

£70's expensive for some bogies and a motor! Rails of Sheffield used to be my chosen stock supplier and always appeared pretty respectable 'back in the day' but having seen many of their eBay auctions over the last 5 years, they're losing my trust even as a new RTR seller (will it really be new?) - just got to hope the likes of Hattons don't follow the same path!

And, although it mentions broken cab, see photos, the one photo does its best not to show the damage! And they imply its a restoration project, needing to obtain a new chassis and body there's not much point buying this as well. I would expect a reputable dealer to send items with a clear manufacturing defect back to the manufacturer to be fixed before selling it on, even if they were caught by the one who sold it to them.

Keith

Both of mine cost about 40 quid each!!

That guy "UKPartsdeal" comes up from time to time with silly prices.  With a name like that you'd not expect him to be based in Hamburg.

...with a business accommodation address in the US. The words "dodgy", "long" and "bargepole" spring to mind...

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

That guy "UKPartsdeal" comes up from time to time with silly prices.  With a name like that you'd not expect him to be based in Hamburg.

The seller apears to be either based in New Jersey or uses a New Jersey address as post box, They ship from various countries including China and deal in a range of poducts, not just models. I think they may be a business rather than an individual seller and at times they appear to have more than one ebay ID. Their VAT registration is prefixed US.

Pete