EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

He had 10 offers, all under a £100, but it has now ended with a buy-it-now. Anyone want to own up to buying it???laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It ended all right but checking it was not sold. On the completed items listing it shows in red which means not sold! I think the seller may have got the message. Best offer was for £87 and that was declined. So no one silly enough to be parted from their money.

Chris

It ended all right but checking it was not sold. On the completed items listing it shows in red which means not sold! I think the seller may have got the message. Best offer was for £87 and that was declined. So no one silly enough to be parted from their money.

Chris

Isambard was not best pleased by the carry-on, I'm not sure quite what or who the Trix Mafia might be unsure.gif but sounds as though they not only didn't sell, but there's a chance they'll be found at the Cats' Protection League shop later on:

trix is currently being policed by a 'trix mafia' - i want shut of anything to do with the stuff - the fun of collecting has been ruined by a few - i have had so much hassle with these coaches and the 'trix police' i will take them off ebay and put them in the bin - they can sell theirs for 400.00 gbp but i am not allowed to sel mine in peace - thanks for your intrest

Guest Belgian

Awesome!

** Important: This model is not strictly accurate for 71000. This model is based on the Britannia class **

"Based on"!!!! It is a Hornby Britannia, unaltered. I thought TMC was a quality supplier, but this is an absolute travesty. They haven't even put a double chimney on it, let alone altered the valve gear. Such a model would usually be worth less than a standard model, not £160!

JE

Usually these things don't bother me but, as you suggest, TMC would purport (possibly, possibly not) to be a serious supplier, so called. On that basis, I'd be interested to hear their explanation for what this is actually trying to achieve, short of pure greed.

• RMweb Gold

It's described as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item.". How do you rename and renumber a model loco without taking it out of its box? Perhaps we should report the item to Ebay ....

• RMweb Premium

It's described as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item.". How do you rename and renumber a model loco without taking it out of its box? Perhaps we should report the item to Ebay ....

Reported to eBay as it cannot be UNOPENED if they have renamed and renumbered the locomotive.

Chris

The brand new, and TMC finish is what is referred to, but it is complete (and mentioned) miss representation to sell a un-altered Britannia Class loco as The Duke of Gloucester, but they do cover themselves by saying the plate has transformed the loco to a not strictly accurate model.

It is not the fact that this is wrong, it is the description that needs correction, it is a re-finished Brittania named The Duke of Gloucester, then TMC would be more accurate...

Stephen.

Reported to eBay as it cannot be UNOPENED if they have renamed and renumbered the locomotive.

Theres a lot of listed items which the same can be said about, the unopened etc is a new standard entry by ebay which the seller has no control over if they choose the items condition to be NEW. They can alternatively choose USED which would be almost equally inaccurate. The only other option is to leave the items condition question as unanswered which will show up as black or as a -

The Sellers cannot hide behind the so called standard descriptions, the system does allow for blanks to be entered and the seller can add any description he wants to, ( and has to pay to do so of course).

Too many items are represented by poor descriptions, not deception, and it is obvious what TMC are offering, and they are not covering anything up. It is still fair comment to query why anyone would want a Britannia with the Duke name plate on it, but to everyone their own.......

Whilst I accept the points (and the complaint) made about items being listed as "unopened" when clearly they're not, I would add that I'd be much happier buying an item of model rail stock if I knew it had been out of its box, if only for testing. Also, how many lousy photographs have we all seen on Ebay of items still in their boxes, where you can't see any detail behind the reflections from the clear plastic window? IMO, there should be some sort of provision for taking items out of their boxes for testing and/or photography, whilst still being able to describe them as "brand new". Maybe an alternative to "unopened" could be sought?

A lot of Semantik going on here right now..........

I thought that "Ebay-madness" would be just that, and not bitching on some slight mistakes, that´s madness!

90% of all the punters on Ebay hasn´t got a clue what a correct description is anyway....

BTW, an acquaintance of mine is collecting old Pocher stuff. He had bought an unopened SNCF CC7107 "Mistral" on Ebay.

It was VERY unopened, and in the original factory paper wrapping!

When he opened up the different (unopened) layers of packaging he was excited, but when he picked up the locomotive the boggies crumbled to dust and the wheels and gears fell out!!

A very bad case of Zinc-plague......and a very expensive lesson learned!

Never buy old loco´s NIB!

You're right, of course, but what happens is that an example of a (possibly!) mad or stupid Ebayer appears, and then we all argue about it, and go off at a tangent, so that, by the end, no-one remembers what the argument was about in the first place. That what happens with me, anyhow...

• RMweb Gold

14 locomotives. Current bid £199.99. See item # 150470335920

PS. No connection with seller. I just noticed these at just over £14 per loco.

Unless the bids increase, someone will get a bargain!!

Getting back onto the moron quotient of Ebay, here's a video of a case on Judge Judy where an Ebay scammer gets sued. They were putting up listings purporting to be mobile phones, then upon receipt of the money sending out a printed picture of the phone. I couldn't believe the scrote actually turned up and had the arrogance to try and defend scamming people.

• RMweb Gold

That clip just reminded me why I dont watch Judge Judy. Not looking at the evidence, preventing the defendant from saying anything in defence and threatening the defendant with social services and shouting at the defendant to "get a job!" all are standard Judge Judy fare. Think Jeremey Kyle in a gown and sitting up on a bench.

• RMweb Gold

That clip just reminded me why I dont watch Judge Judy. Not looking at the evidence, preventing the defendant from saying anything in defence and threatening the defendant with social services and shouting at the defendant to "get a job!" all are standard Judge Judy fare. Think Jeremey Kyle in a gown and sitting up on a bench.

I think she did look at the evidence. Apparantly somewhere in the advert it said that one was bidding for a picture. It also said that the item weighed 4.5 oz. Apparently the picture was not 4.5 oz.

Don't forget that Judge Judy has already read the papers that

were submitted by both parties prior to the hearing.

I had always thought as JohnR, but you have to realize this is for entertainment. The documents have all been seen prior to filming, as are statements from both parties. Then they make a crowd pleasing show from it all.

There are other Judge shows, and they are all equally bad - but entertaining.:D