Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

My first reaction to this was WTF? Then I realised it would be a good way to introduce children to the concept of bustitution in a less upsetting way than that nasty Bulgy. And yes there is a prototype http://www.bifuteki.com/2011/10/things-were-diggin-super-cool-japanese-buses/japanese_buses_004/

Pete

A link to the original would help this make sense! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomica-No-156-Thomas-Bus-/291475699471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dd4e370f

Edited to add link; not very with it today.

Pete

Edited by petethemole
  • Like 1

Do people check the value of what they're buying??

A used set of Brassmaster's axle spacing gauges have just gone for £7.00 + £1.85 postage, a total of £8:85.

They can be bought brand new for £5.00 + £1.50 postage, a total of £6.50. This is, according to my maths, £2.35 cheaper.

Thane of Fife

A used set of Brassmaster's axle spacing gauges have just gone for £7.00 + £1.85 postage, a total of £8:85.

They can be bought brand new for £5.00 + £1.50 postage, a total of £6.50. This is, according to my maths, £2.35 cheaper.

Thane of Fife

I don't think they do. I have a cut off point for everything I buy from ebay - usually around 50-70% of the cheapest shop price I am aware of for "new" and it amazes me when I "lose" something and its gone for well over RRP let alone actual "in the shop" price. Fools and money is one thing, I just wish they'd leave me to snap up some real-world-value kit ;-)

Edited by Snofi
  • Like 1

A used set of Brassmasters axle spacing gauges have just gone for £7.00 + £1.85 postage, a total of £8:85.

They can be bought brand new for £5.00 + £1.50 postage, a total of £6.50. This is, according to my maths, £2.35 cheaper...

Yes, I saw that one. Quite amusing.

It's not uncommon for Brassmasters stuff to go some way over the odds, possibly because some people can't be bothered to deal direct with Brassmasters.

You do get 10% off!

The trouble is, it's worth only about the amount you save especially if you factor in the postage!  :O

Fartmel again, and he has the audacity to use the phrase 'YOU ARE BUYING'.

NO I FECKING WELL AM NOT!!!!!! 

Talk of the devil (see post #15877) and........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unknown-Deisel-Loco-oo-Gauge/151735837635?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D30775%26meid%3D847abd56eaa247f49b3362eae2453f60%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D351446498217&rt=nc

I didn't pay anything like £20 for mine.......

(The "kaydee type coupling" is of course an X2f.)

I not sure whether it's supposed to be an F7 or an F9 (not that there is much difference) I also have a Marx F3A, which has a strong family resemblance (i.e. she probably came from the same factory in Hong Kong). (This originally had belt drive powered by a cr@ppy can motor and two short (very) stainless steel coaches (passenger and observation car.)

Someone bought it!  :O :o :O

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Probably get the pair for £20 at a show!

especially Very Not Mint In Box

The boxes are so battered I would expect chips with them!

Keith

Hull-KX  (also used on Western Region for something)

3201570141_f31d3487b0_z.jpg?zz=1D9006_Pilmoor by robertcwp, on Flickr

The '1' is the class of train (express passenger etc.), the 'A' an destination within the same region (probably London?) and the last two numbers refer to a specific train in the timetable.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_reporting_number

1A20 is the code on Tri-ang's Hymek. The Hong Kong factory probably took it for the locomotive number (as the displays were sometimes set to later on, after they dropped the four digit codes) and slightly modified it.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 2