EBay madness

Marcyg

If it's rare it's because no one wanted it in the first place (and I doubt anyone wants it now...).

Now this is rare, but I would dispute vgc (more like 'fair' IMHO), but in fairness to the seller it did start at 99p.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Hornby-DUBLO-3-RAIL-D1-SR-SOUTHERN-OPEN-WAGON-VGC/311597063790?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D36382%26meid%3D001c8959bc944e66a27afae8f6d63092%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D272227765429

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

Because....

I did once sell a Hornby Dublo operating instruction leaflet for a few quid.

Cheers,

Mick

The wheels are worth more than the kit. They're still wrong for the 15xx, though, as that ran on a unique wheel pattern.

The cheek, He expects you to buy the chassis, even at that price.........

• Like 1

The cheek, He expects you to buy the chassis, even at that price.........

The original K's chassis was wrong anyway. No chassis kit exists for the 15xx, but you can get a pair of frames from AGW. Errm....that's it.

I'd should say it's rare, as Bachmann have NEVER made a Mk3. I wonder if you'd be able to successfully raise a dispute with eBay as its described as coming in its original box?

Made- No.

Own?- Yes...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If it's rare it's because no one wanted it in the first place (and I doubt anyone wants it now...).

Me me! I what one! Not for £23.50 though, maybe a fiver. I have many many fond memories of shopping at Beatties in High Holborn. Don't know what's happened to it now as I live at the other end of the country. It was a Modelzone, but I don't know what happened after they went belly up. Edited by nightstar.train

• RMweb Premium

Holborn Modelzone was moved to new premises closer to Tottenham Court Road but closed down with the rest of the chain a few months later.

The name was bought by WHSmiths who now have a few ModelZone areas in some bigger stores, Croydon for example.

Posted Yesterday, 19:55

I offered £25 for the kit for a laugh, and his counter offer was £250 less the wheels? I thought £250 was the price anyway?

It is now offered at £200.

If he waits for too long, SEF/Branchlines will reintroduce the Nucast NC043 with a NS chassis kit  for around £90.

Earlswood nob