Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kellino Rail said:

Interesting concept...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196377443635

The description says it has lights in direction of travel,which was a Hornby HST feature not Lima.  Looking at the bogies I'd say there's a Hornby power car and trailer in there and the only Lima part is the box and the Metro-Cammell DMU centre car

Edited by Captain Slough
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Captain Slough said:

The description says it has lights in direction of travel,which was a Hornby HST feature not Lima.  Looking at the bogies I'd say there's a Hornby power car and trailer in there and the only Lima part is the box and the Metro-Cammell DMU centre car

Talking of concept HST's go way back in the imagenary locomotive topic there is a very clever graphic concept one of a Deltic HST set, as well as a older LNER set in various livery from LNER through early BR to 1980's network liverys

On 03/05/2024 at 23:54, MrWolf said:

But being health conscious, Miss Riding Hood gave most of her chips to my mate's dog...

Not terribly healthy for the doggo, mind...

• Funny 2

On 03/05/2024 at 17:18, Bucoops said:

His listing are flooding my searches at the moment with the sheer number of massively overpriced LNER items. I need to put a price limit on my search I think.

True enough

2 grand for a Coronation rake - will anyone pony up that much? I suppose eventually someone might...

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 03/05/2024 at 17:18, Bucoops said:

His listing are flooding my searches at the moment with the sheer number of massively overpriced LNER items. I need to put a price limit on my search I think.

A sentiment you will never hear from The Gosser himself!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, MarkC said:

Not terribly healthy for the doggo, mind...

I think that his daily five mile walk will burn it off, it certainly isn't the worst thing he's eaten and besides, he has the constitution of a large dog....😁 

Edited by MrWolf
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I think that his daily five mile walk will burn it off, it certainly isn't the word thing he's eaten and besides, he has the constitution of a large dog....😁

And he eats like a wolf!? 🐲🍴😎

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

he has the constitution of a large dog....😁

Which is fine until the large dog wants it back...🙁

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

15 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Have you informed the seller yet?!

😁

Steve S

I've tried to help other sellers a couple of times before, but I tend to get quite gruff replies telling me to mind my own business. Perhaps they are correct?....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

Weirdly the class 101 he has for sale is a 2 car version. So where has the mk3 gone? Unless it has already been sold?

I didn't check, but I had a feeling that the class 101 I noticed posted around the same time was from the same seller.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

And he eats like a wolf!? 🐲🍴😎

Worse still, like a Dalmatian! 

9 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Which is fine until the large dog wants it back...🙁

See above, but there is a French bulldog across the road (one of those strange little things that look permanently surprised.) that has delusions of being a mastiff, or possibly Anubis / Cerberus / Bargeist. You get the idea.

But it is terrified of motorbikes, so definitely not The hound of the Bonnevilles...🙄

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

5 hours ago, Kellino Rail said:

I've tried to help other sellers a couple of times before, but I tend to get quite gruff replies telling me to mind my own business. Perhaps they are correct?....

That's how you tell the scammers from the genuine mistakes, the genuine folk are always polite and say thanks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1