EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Keith if you look at the bottom of the bidding page, Mr "O***1" (193) has retracted his original £500.00 bid as being the wrong amount  :stink: , so the other bidder Mr "O***i" (194) is now the leader with his original bid of £133.00. But you can also see that the leader "O***i" (193) has 11 bid retractions in the last 6 months, out of interest Mr "O***1" the original retractor has 5 bid retraction in the last 6 months.

Make of it what you will ????

Smelly!

• RMweb Premium

How do you accidentally enter a bid of £500? I detect a load of spherical reproductive components being spread around here.

I am convinced that O****i and O****1 are in fact one and the same for something stinks to high heaven here.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

How do you accidentally enter a bid of £500? I detect a load of spherical reproductive components being spread around here.

I am convinced that O****i and O****1 are in fact one and the same for something stinks to high heaven here.

High bid to scare off any others?

But now it's retracted anyone can bid normally!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Talking of "our favourite sellers", I couldn't help but chuckle when I stumbled across this whilst doing our weekly grocery shop.

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Cartmel-Sticky-Toffee-Pudding/80739011?from=search&tags¶m=cartmel&parentContainer=SEARCHcartmel_SHELFVIEW

just 20years ago?

Obviously not the original then!

Keith

Edited by melmerby

NOT this seller BUT, I have bought these type articles before and the whole magazine arrived.

Suited me as I didn't have the mag anyway which is why I bought the article.

Judging by the postage charge I would suggest that this seller is "probably" selling the whole mag.

Khris

• RMweb Gold

Talking of "our favourite sellers", I couldn't help but chuckle when I stumbled across this whilst doing our weekly grocery shop.

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Cartmel-Sticky-Toffee-Pudding/80739011?from=search&tags¶m=cartmel&parentContainer=SEARCHcartmel_SHELFVIEW

If Cartmel is the home of "sticky of toffee pudding" (sic), why is it made in Flookburgh, Grange over Sands? Seems that corner of the world is full of strange describers.

Mike.

If Cartmel is the home of "sticky of toffee pudding" (sic), why is it made in Flookburgh, Grange over Sands? Seems that corner of the world is full of strange describers.

Mike.

And just think, If you were in  the US they would be at each others throats in litigation of the name!

khris

• RMweb Gold

Mike.

The shop is in Cartmel. The bakery and official company registration is Flookburgh but given their original outlet is/was Cartmel before they got contracts with larger supermarkets, I wouldn't say they are using 'Cartmel licence'.

• RMweb Premium

Mike.

And many other places in Cumbria, all claiming to be the original!

If you read down this page:

http://www.sharrowbay.co.uk/fine_dining.html

They were AFAIK the original

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Re Bachmann Collector club items on e-bay

I have bought items from a model shop which were marked "Bachmann Collectors Club Exclusive 20xx" (or similar)

There were more than one available, brand new, but were only being sold at the typical price of a non exclusive item.

Questions: How did they get there in the first place? Do Bachmann sell off surplus club items?

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know when his sale is due to start?

Probably on boxing day,the same as the Next one they all flood to around here.Won't be going to either ! The blokes a dreamer.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Anyone who has seen eBay at the moment will know 'tis the season to be Gostude (as opposed to jolly)!

Does anyone know when his sale is due to start?

February 29th.

Mike.

Edit due to calenderolical incompetence.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern