RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

I love in the description how it says " Coach numbers and a couple of doors (carefully added using black biro pen) " !!???

I don't know bout you guys but that really screams quality to me!   :nono:

I rather liked the statement "No defects to report. Well, no defects other than the fact that it's all his own work.....

• Like 1

The "painted on" windows, though quite neatly done, really mix well with Lima's 9" thick sides. But let's not criticise too much, I've seen far worse.

I can see it going nearer the £5 starting price than the £90 BIN though.

• RMweb Premium

Very interested to see whether this goes 'mad'.  Looks a really nice paint job but is strictly speaking incorrect due to it being an unrefurbished set (commented on in the listing).  Odd choice of unit number though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-EMU-Class-411-4-CEP-South-West-Trains-Conversion-4-Car-Unit-/310620427658?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item48526b958a 

Looks nice, is it just me though or is the orange stripe all wonky on the cabsides?  Shouldn't they all be at the same angle...?

• RMweb Premium

Except that the pic of the model on sale does not have a BR2, nor does it have a BR1B. It appears to be a BR1 or 1A and as the OP said, I think that is wrong.

Keith

Hi Keith,

My mistake -   :senile:  you're right it does look like a 1/1A

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Overall this looks a very pleasing model, crafted to a really good standard.

Really? Do you honestly think so?

I don't!!  1801 was a CIG anyway, only one CEP wore Connex colours and this travesty look nothing like either of them!!!

• RMweb Gold

Should this be on Ebay?  I am not so sure... :nono:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330884140728?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Interesting point. In my day, that would have been a piece of BR equipment, and thus obviously stolen. Nowadays, I am less sure about who owns what. It may be a catalogue item that meets NR standards, but not actually NR property. Someone will know.

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 1

Should this be on Ebay?  I am not so sure... :nono:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330884140728?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yes it can be - it is possible to buy & own this sort of this equipment via approved suppliers - the kit just needs to be the proper stuff approved for use on NR infrastructure (which the xx/xxxxxx cat number - a throwback to BR days indicates). Link approved contractors (which can be Joe Bloggs operating out of his garage provided he meets all the NR criteria and received his link approval from NR) will always need to provide their own kit which is why it is available from Railpart etc..............so this individual could legitimately own it or it might just have belonged to someone else - enough Labour supply companies have gone to the wall for there to be plenty of unaccounted for equipment about.

I'd be more concerned about access gate keys being on eBay

EDIT - 3rd rate spelling

Edited by Southernman46
  • Like 2

The "painted on" windows, though quite neatly done, really mix well with Lima's 9" thick sides. But let's not criticise too much, I've seen far worse.

I can see it going nearer the £5 starting price than the £90 BIN though.

The photos show it standing on a length of fanfold dot matrix printer paper. I've not seen any of that for donkeys years.....

• Like 1

Well it went for £153.99, so against some rubbish get bid for, it is still a very reasonable price.

Well here is a doggy seller (private listing) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380593010430?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649  £128.56 and it still has about 3 days to go. Love to have one but not at any way near that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380593010430?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

This is crazy - but ofcourse, I was outbid! :fool:

Paul A.

Where is RT models when you need him as it went for £171.86 

Well it went for £153.99, so against some rubbish get bid for, it is still a very reasonable price.

Hi

Was this in some chaps layout he was building and had a blog on here about it?.

Darren

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

Some of those Collectors must be just bonkers.  Its purpose is to be taken out of the box and played with, something that can be achieved now with a full length model for the same price that is a 100 times better which by definition should in a sane world render the old Wrenn rubbish as fit for nothing except chucking in the bin with the boxes chucked in the recycling.

I just do not understand the mentality of the collecting fraternity at all.

• Like 5