EBay madness

Marcyg

6 hours ago, Darius43 said:

This seller is almost as good, if not better, than rocket railways at feeding this thread.

Bus Defect Report

I wonder if it comes with the torn scraps of paper that you see in the picture?

And as a companion piece:-

Railway ticket - used.

Cheers

Darius

I wonder what the brown marks are on the "Don't Copy" bit of paper?

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

I wonder what the brown marks are on the "Don't Copy" bit of paper?

Along with the “white stuff” on the lumpy green coach roof, it’s probably best not to speculate.

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

7 hours ago, Darius43 said:

This seller is almost as good, if not better, than rocket railways at feeding this thread.

Bus Defect Report

I wonder if it comes with the torn scraps of paper that you see in the picture?

And as a companion piece:-

Railway ticket - used.

Cheers

Darius

If I put all my used railway tickets on eBay at £2.00 a pop, next year I'd be a millionaire! ;) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

That is the first coach that drew our attention to this seller!!  Mind you, I have only just noticed he has described it as a Mk2, it's a Mk1 RMB somewhere underneath that mess.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hroth said:

We could go all Terry Pratchett...

NightWatch_TP.jpg.dbfe22e969dc339f838793ec5ef51181.jpg

Cover image from "Night Watch" by Terry Pratchett (The game is: Name The Characters!)

Commander Vimes with the eyepatch?

Is that a member of the Assassins Guild on the extreme right hand side, in black?

Its been a long time since I visited Ankh Morpork... ;)

• Informative/Useful 1

On 23/11/2020 at 22:57, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Commander Vimes with the eyepatch?

Is that a member of the Assassins Guild on the extreme right hand side, in black?

Its been a long time since I visited Ankh Morpork... ;)

Yes, and on his left "Young Vimes"  The Assassin is Dr Follett, the then current head of the Guild.  Can you spot Vetinari? Or Reg Shoe?

You have to remember that "Night Watch" is set 30 years in the past. Vimes had been chasing a mass murderer over the roofs of UU and a sudden "thunderstorm", allegedly part of events around the starting of The Glass Clock in "The Thief of Time" propels the pair, coupled with the thaumatic fields of the Library, to when Vimes had just joined the Watch.

Events eventuate...

Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!

Edited by Hroth
Helping those trying to decipher the AM Night Watch...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/11/2020 at 11:21, PhilJ W said:

I've joined the watch too. That makes it 18 watchers.

There are now 20 watchers...

( There were 21 when I looked an hour or so ago, but someone seems to have chickened out...  :jester:)

• Like 1

On 24/11/2020 at 08:10, Hroth said:

>Snipped

You have to remember that "Night Watch" is set 30 years in the past. Vimes had been chasing a mass murderer over the roofs of UU and a sudden "thunderstorm", allegedly part of events around the starting of The Glass Clock in "The Thief of Time" propels the pair, coupled with the thaumatic fields of the Library, to when Vimes had just joined the Watch.

Events eventuate...

Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!

I remember that....

Time travelling is always thought provoking.

Imagine if you could go back and influence your own history...

What would you attempt to change?

And what could you change without causing a huge paradox, that changes the whole of existence!

Tricky....one wrong move, and you may cause yourself to not have even existed! :o

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

I remember that....

Time travelling is always thought provoking.

Imagine if you could go back and influence your own history...

What would you attempt to change?

And what could you change without causing a huge paradox, that changes the whole of existence!

Tricky....one wrong move, and you may cause yourself to not have even existed! :o

I would think that the time you could influence what happens is limited, on the grounds that your own history depends on when you were here.  In turn that depends upon the rather random circumstances that mated two random cells and here you are, a two other cell combination and you wouldn't be,,,  well,,,  you.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

I would think that the time you could influence what happens is limited, on the grounds that your own history depends on when you were here.  In turn that depends upon the rather random circumstances that mated two random cells and here you are, a two other cell combination and you wouldn't be,,,  well,,,  you.

That is a very valid point and something that I have often pondered on.

Then again, there's a couple of women who I never should have got involved with and a whole lot of other people that I regret not punching in the face....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

9 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Another two cell combination and you might have been a stamp collector rather than a railway modeller! ;)

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

With one cell you could have become the US president. I assume it's brain cells we are referring to?

Mike.

Judging by the latest incumbent, you need two, so that they can contradict each other.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3