EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Puggers said:

One of my pet hates is the way some of the, shall we say, less literate sellers spell 'Gauge' it is NOT gauge. This seller has put OO in the 'Gauge' box in the description and even that did not point out to them that it is spelt incorrectly in the title!

Richard

I think a spellchecker may have corrected your mis-spelling of Gauge.

Darius

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Not so much a mad item for sale but a mad seller (ie me) the other night I sold 3 Hornby skaledale items for a total of around £70, the buyer jumping in last minute to win them (but missing out on a matching 4 item) 

had no contact or payment from them, not enough days elapsed to do a non paying bidder claim, it seemed strange for sometime to jump in last minute then not pay 2 days later, anyway this afternoon I got this message.......

Hello

Please be aware that payment for my items
Will unfortunately be delayed,
This is due to a unforeseen bill

payment in total will be made on the 12th of December (my Payday)

Thank you for your patience in this sale

i was a bit taken back and initially and thought, cheeky b******, no ‘would you mind keeping hold of them’ or ‘I’m sorry I’ve had a problem’ just a blunt email TELLING ME I’d have to wait, It’s not like it’s a couple of quid either, I’ve got to wait almost 2 weeks now for a fairly big chunk of money 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

He may have used a sniping program to get them at the last minute and his 4th item was above his limit.

However:

I wouldn't wait 2 weeks. Drop him a polite note and ask him for payment, otherwise the items will be relisted. Don't mention non-payment report at this time.

If that doesn't budge him, then escalate to non-payment.

What's to say he doesn't have another unforeseen bill in the meantime.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I did wonder about the sniper tool, don’t seem to hear as much about them these days though!

im patient enough so will keep hold of them, they aren’t in the way, if not paid when promised I will do a 2nd chance to the underbidder (who I think won the 4th lot) and do a non paying bidder claim 

I can handle waiting for the money but it’s just the bluntness of the message that’s got me, although it’s just as well I’m not waiting to pay a bill myself,  Im just going to cyber squander the money on more trains when it comes anyway! 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I have got something similar ongoing at the moment, buyer with only a few transactions spread over a couple of years won a lot that finished on Friday, buyers for the other three lots that ended at the same time paid up straightway but from this guy, nothing.

Sent a polite message on Monday congratulating him on his winning bid and stating that as soon as his payment was confirmed, I would be posting his item.

Tuesday morning I get a rather abrupt response, buyer says his account was hacked and he is waiting for a new bank card before he can make his payment.  Claims he has sent several messages to me and to Ebay advising me of the situation (He hasn't, I checked) but that he could pay now if I send him my bank account details, else wise I will have to wait until next week when his new card arrives.

I have politely replied that I am happy to wait until next week for his new card to turn up (there is no way I am sharing my bank account details over the Ebay messaging system!!!) and thus far, more silence.

Is it just me being over cautious or does anyone else smell a rat.....

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 01/12/2020 at 22:37, John M Upton said:

I have got something similar ongoing at the moment, buyer with only a few transactions spread over a couple of years won a lot that finished on Friday, buyers for the other three lots that ended at the same time paid up straightway but from this guy, nothing.

Sent a polite message on Monday congratulating him on his winning bid and stating that as soon as his payment was confirmed, I would be posting his item.

Tuesday morning I get a rather abrupt response, buyer says his account was hacked and he is waiting for a new bank card before he can make his payment.  Claims he has sent several messages to me and to Ebay advising me of the situation (He hasn't, I checked) but that he could pay now if I send him my bank account details, else wise I will have to wait until next week when his new card arrives.

I have politely replied that I am happy to wait until next week for his new card to turn up (there is no way I am sharing my bank account details over the Ebay messaging system!!!) and thus far, more silence.

Is it just me being over cautious or does anyone else smell a rat.....

Large alarm bells here! Report to Ebay as a non-payer asap!!

• Agree 5

Going back a couple of weeks...

On 22/11/2020 at 18:38, John M Upton said:

Whilst you are putting that Caledonian Sleeper Mk1 out of its tortured misery, there is another to add to the queue for attention:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-GWR-unbranded-Train-Painted-WITH-PEOPLE-INSIDE-/293728219624?nav=SEARCH

Comes with the ominous warning:

Its still there, no one has bitten, four watchers have fallen off their perches, perhaps we ought to take bets on when some hapless loon will buy it?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Going back a couple of weeks...

Its still there, no one has bitten, four watchers have fallen off their perches, perhaps we ought to take bets on when some hapless loon will buy it?

Perhaps someone will buy it to save the lives of those poor souls trapped within!?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I'm tempted to place a bet, then buy it myself to win the bet.  Any takers? 

And then you'd be...?  ;)

2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Perhaps someone will buy it to save the lives of those poor souls trapped within!?

It may be too late to save them....  :scared:

2 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

The PEOPLE are still INSIDE.

Maybe it's a Covid Lockdown Coach?

Paintdown, more like!

And that reminds me of Flanders and Swann... :jester:

• Round of applause 4