EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, ianmacc said:

I’m visiting Chester tomorrow. I’ll see if I can convince my other half to come with me. May be a challenge doing it solo on a romantic weekend away lol! 

Just pretend you want to visit the Cathedral and, oops!, there's a model railway in the south transept!

You might just get away with it.....

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

At least until the moment she spots the model railway in the south trancept….

The answer to that conundrum is to offer to pay for afternoon tea in the refectory, go through the gift shop and straight through to the scones and beverages.  Then nip off through the cloisters whilst she's busy, into the nave and the model railway will be straight ahead!

If you want to cloak your disappearance, you could claim to have been to buy a lego brick for the restoration fund...

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

It being a cathedral, you can at least claim sanctuary!

Plus a wad of used £20s in the donation box. 

Or, if you can muster some dog-latin*, pop into the Consistory Court and claim Benefit of Clergy...

* "Et in nomine domine" should suffice, Think Stephen Fry at his most unctuous as you say it.

Edited by Hroth
Prompting
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Just pretend you want to visit the Cathedral and, oops!, there's a model railway in the south transept!

You might just get away with it.....

Just tell her you need to confess your sins to Father Waterman. Five Hail Hornbys should do the trick!?

• Funny 8

10 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Just tell her you need to confess your sins to Father Waterman. Five Hail Hornbys should do the trick!?

57 minutes ago, 40152 said:

That would be an ecumenical matter…

😉

Doesn't that come under false idols and graven images?

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Graven Images? 

Is that photos of old green DMUs ?

Possibly...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265690314513

50 quid is a little more than I'd want to pay for an old unboxed Triang R157, even if it DOES run in both directions!

Sorry for the extended link, posting this on a tablet which is annoyingly clumsy for editing stuff.  On a proper computer. Sorted!

Edited by Hroth
Tidying up
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I think if that sells, I'll put mine up, much cleaner example and cost £15 on the car boot!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ianmacc said:

Managed to pop in for the last bit just before closing. Didn’t resort to secretive behaviour as the other half is okay with it all in reality lol

Great setup.

Was that birdcage bridge in the fat corner? 

Can one say 'fat corner' these days? Asking for a 'trouser challenged' friend!

• Funny 6

11 hours ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

Speaking of prices, I brought this B12 yesterday at the Bridlington model show, Guess how much I paid for it?

1662283178178642739394236158861.jpg.b93cc721a03f9d2c0bd310f345cebb5a.jpg

That B12 looks suspiciously like the Great British Locomotive Collection version of the original Tri-ang Railways tooled version, mounted on a chassis from a China made,  Hornby version of the original Tri-ang Railways version. 😉😀

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Chassis missed out so added in.
  • Funny 5

2 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

That B12 looks suspiciously like the Great British Locomotive Collection version of the original Tri-ang Railways tooled version, mounted on a China made Hornby version, of the original Tri-ang Railways version. 😉😀

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

You could have just said it looks like a Hornby model.

But yes, it is Hornby.

Edited by 6990WitherslackHall
  • Funny 5