• RMweb Premium

Ahh, seems to me it's a multiple choice question you're posing;

1) Mistaking secondhand/old for collectable/rare

2) Inability to google/research/internet shop

3) Stupidity

4) All of the above!

:jester:  :O  :jester:

Items 2 & 3 work for this one

Royal 67 from Ebay (and the quoted running number is incorrect....)

Royal 67 from Hornby

£64 difference including postage.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

As it's "linesideandlocos1", you are most likely right.

They tend to sale weathered items at highly inflated prices, and if it isn't weathered it's listed as "RARE"

In the not too distant past I've acquired some very nicely finished kit built stock from them at prices lower than RTR but sadly it seems recently they have become infected with Gosturditis and some of the pricing is a tad vertical.  Seems Gosturditis is a virus spreading throughout theifBay when you look at some listings.

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-locomotive-class-03-03045-08-20-25-37-40-45-56-66-60-58-/111587032053?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19fb1afbf5

It's not the price that gets me, nor the lack of detailed description. Not even the rubbish photos. No, what really gets me, is the flipping class listing to get more views!  :banghead: 
To me, that tactic is worse than "LOOK" or "RARE", as it means the listing appears over, and over, and over again!

I need a cool down.

Edited by TheSoutherner

• RMweb Premium

Maybe handy, if you've already got a spare empty box & a spare head!

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Locomotive-OO-gauge-R2457-GWR-Llanfair-Grange-RN-6877-No-4-/271754354622?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f45d25fbe

It's got 9 days left, yet some already seem set on getting it...a bit premature if I may say so.

The description is misleading, as well as copied and pasted from another of his listings, with 'correction' of details. The engine he's selling is "Llanfair Grange", yet the description says "Hardwick Grange", which is another engine he's selling.
He also describes the engine as in "excellent condition", while the front right buffer is missing, one of the pipes under the engine has been bent outwards, and the lamps on the front have left distinguishable glue marks.

• RMweb Premium

Don't you mean a spare box and an empty head. :jester:

No, the someone could be a Tasmanian!*

* Or anywhere else where the natives are considered as inbred and therefore have 2 heads.

Sense of humour bypass.

You or me?  :scratchhead:  I was just having fleeting visions of that weathering job being contagious, causing the sufferer to exhibit rusty-grey blotchy skin and the uncontrollable urge to shunt themselves into an abandoned siding. :jester:

Edited by railsquid

You do realise there are only five of these in the whole world now after Dr. Evil had the remaining supply destroyed in a bid to destabilise the world economy, which is more dependent on Class 45 bodyshells than most people are aware of?

Our friends at 'Rails' exaggerating again. (They have two).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Hornby-Dublo-GWR-Castle-Class-4-6-0-Steam-Loco-7013-Bristol-Castle-/171236760952?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item27de819d78

Someone obviously started detailing her and gave/messed up. (I won't comment on a 70xx 'Castle' lettered "GREAT (crest) WESTERN".)

I wouldn't know what to do with this. A decent original can be obtained for less and, for a detailed model, the yokel's reply to an enquiry for directions comes to mind, "If I wuz yer sir, I wouldn't start from 'ere!"

(It comes out best in a Devonian accent.)