EBay madness

Marcyg

Item 71 on this list would seem to suggest it's based on something genuine. Though admittedly a lot of 'Southern railway' signs were eg London and South Western Railway with various words painted out.

http://www.ukrailwayana.com/20180005/catalog.htm

I was wondering why items 35 & 36 are blue when both stations are Western Region (up the line from where I used to live in Teignmouth).

A lower price than some hopefuls we've seen on here but it's pretty basic for the price. As he can't spell purchase I don't think I'll be buying. Have these people never heard of spill chuckers?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/model-railway-layout/232821981457?hash=item3635458111:g:5iIAAOSwHZhbL9Hh

At least he/she's done the yard the right colour, though the usual surfeit of grass is apparent. it was kept well back from the track....

Not a bad start, but a bit optimistic pricewise IMHO.

They look brown on my computer. !

Thanks!

It could well be the lighting/monitor, but there are others that do look brown. My monitor is usually OK for colour.

I must try another computer.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

He/She, does say.

"The livery is non prototypical."

Somebody wants it as its up to £77. Probably for the drive trains.

Edited by andytrains

It didn't sell!  :scratchhead:

Presumably because of poor pictures and nobody wanting to pay nearly £5 for an ancient Tri-ang wagon suffering from (probably acetate) warping.

Especially when better deals are available:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triang-Hornby-wagons-x-10-R10-R13-Open-Wagons-R11-Goods-Van-R124-Brake-Van/223118528651?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D52543%26meid%3D442e5e1bf6fc46f19564e500384375af%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D253828818148%26itm%3D223118528651&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

It's R.10, by the way.  R.13 is the same thing with a plastic coal load.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Premium

Well I cannot see anything of any use - but I have been filling a box of "absolute rubbish" over the last week or so and I now see a possible outlet for it.

- Richard.

• Like 2

Well I cannot see anything of any use - but I have been filling a box of "absolute rubbish" over the last week or so and I now see a possible outlet for it.

- Richard.

The trouble is it's all stuff that, "Might come in useful one day...."

• RMweb Premium

The trouble is it's all stuff that, "Might come in useful one day...."

I agree entirely but I am slowly coming round to realise, it hardly ever is useful at least to me.

A couple of years ago I had to get rid of my garden shed to make space for an outbuilding. The stuff in the shed went on Freecycle, and to the dump, and a few things like the hand fork and trowel and the weedkiller went into one of those plastic "outdoor cupboards". The bottom line was "I'll buy a new one if I want it again".

I am now trying to do the same with the model trains. The best thing In did for years was get a DCC controller and convert one engine. It was like beginning the hobby all over again. I've done about 14 engines now but 14 is a lot better than 50 and it is helping me to be fairly drastic with what I let go. I've sold on 20 RTR engines on eBay, and I don't miss them. I still can't believe the bids on this box of rubbish though, and indeed many of the listings on this thread.

- Richard.

• Like 1