EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, CUTLER2579 said:

Amazon are hopeless at present, wife ordered 3 books which were thrown over back gate when it was p***** raining heavily. By the time we got home they were saturated. Sent a wrong item back on May 21st still waiting for a refund.They claim they have not received it yet I have a Receipt for it..

We must be dead lucky then as Amazon has been our life saver, ashamedly I reckon we have ordered something from Amazon almost every day, varies from a small packet of machine screws to toilet rolls (unavailable anywhere else!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Thanks, but rant over, no chance of getting my money back. When I buy from eBay I send a message to anyone sending via. "other courier" not to use them. I even offer to cover any extra cost incurred.

They obviously don't read their online reviews, general opinion is that they suck so much that Dyson is thinking of getting out of the vacuum cleaner business before he goes under...

In all fairness they used to be totally cr*p around here.

For example package awaited by next door neighbour, an electrician and myself. Cue a puzzled ner neighbour(about 1/2 mile away, incidentally with same name!), who mentioned some packages DUMPED in his field, but mostly saveable.

New courier is local and has a bit of pride in her job..... 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Not dumped, carefully and lovingly placed from a great distance!

Mike.

In the same manner that 617 squadron lovingly placed Mr Wallace's creations against dams?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

22 hours ago, John M Upton said:

We haven't had any crazy bidding Thomas range items for a while so here we go:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-00-gauge-thomas-and-friends-Dart-locomotive-R9683/324185391389?

Just look in the completed items

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Hornby R9683&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 73c said:

A grand total of £1,798.80 across all 8 of them, wish I'd had a couple to sell !

Very true, I wouldn't mind a few lying around, I wouldn't have any qualms about selling them as it's obvious that some people have far too much disposable income!

They don't look like they're worth much more than two fags and a balloon to be honest.

Each to their own!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Very true, I wouldn't mind a few lying around, I wouldn't have any qualms about selling them as it's obvious that some people have far too much disposable income!

They don't look like they're worth much more than two fags and a balloon to be honest.

Each to their own!

I think you may have over valued them with that comment!

• Funny 4

2 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I think you may have over valued them with that comment!

That was a valuation as a private individual. If I were one of the dealers with a glossy advert shouting: Your model railways wanted! Best prices paid! I could only offer a balloon because "There's loads of these about mate, new DCC ones have just come out with lights, sound and espresso maker...."

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Madness extends beyond Model Trains.....

1503145822_Screenshot_2020-06-08-20-28-072.png.8bc549060657520831068f1b357b0520.png

The ad even states the RRP !

It must be something in the water............

• Funny 4