The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

• RMweb Premium

60015 has dropped onto the Liverpool / Fiddlers coals B)

Now reported as failed at Warrington...... I fancy doing this as a model with the cutoff beastie logos if I get round to acquiring a 3TG 60.

link to 60015

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Trains from Tunstead-Oakleigh were diverted from their normal route last weekend. They were sent via Manchester Victoria and Warrington Bank Quay to reach Northwich. My shot shows 60071 on 6F05 just north of Acton Bridge on Sunday 03/07

post-7052-0-21380100-1309872159_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

60015 worked to Norwich to collect stone wagons left but 66191 on Friday I believe. Then worked them back to Peak Forest.

Sadly work meant I missed the whole thing!!

Edited by Mod5
To remove unnecesary quote and photos

60071 with the 6F78?? Liverpool Bulk Terminal - Fiddlers Ferry PS MGR seen passing Arpley yard and heading for Latchford sidings having just run round at MSC sidings.

post-6254-0-01314600-1312130357_thumb.jpg

59205 was also on the Fiddlers diagram and was working an empty rake of HTAs bound for LBT as 60071 was working a loaded rake to Fiddlers.

Regards

Lewis

You beat me to it Mick! :D

I too have only just read about 007s progress,very good. Hopefully it should be back in service around September??

DBS engineers at Toton seem to have been slow on overhauling 60007 compared 1998 when they were overhauling 37s and 56s in just 3-4 months. Well 60007 is their first overhaul in over 10 years,good to know there will soon be a 'good' 60 re joining the ranks with an engine hour clock of 0 B)

DBS engineers at Toton seem to have been slow on overhauling 60007 compared 1998 when they were overhauling 37s and 56s in just 3-4 months. Well 60007 is their first overhaul in over 10 years,good to know there will soon be a 'good' 60 re joining the ranks with an engine hour clock of 0 B)

To be fair to the DBS engineers at Toton, a lot of work has gone into this overhaul and by all accounts it is a very thorough job. 007 is effectively a prototype for future overhauls so it makes sense to get everything working properly.