Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Come on Don, become a Lunester. We are harmless, honest :jester:  :jester:

Duncan

Very true! Please make the membership cheque payable to "His Mightiness, The Lord Lunester, Lune Fell" .... £50 should just about cover it. Btw Duncan - YOU never paid!  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Don't worry Duncan, he won't chase you for it, at least, not today.

If you feel like having a day off the wiring Jeff, have one, you have certainly earned it.  Go and run some more trains instead!

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry Duncan, he won't chase you for it, at least, not today.

If you feel like having a day off the wiring Jeff, have one, you have certainly earned it.  Go and run some more trains instead!

Cheers Michael. A voice of sanity!!

Jeff would have to travel a long way :jester:

Just outside Bedford now. Right, out with the emt detector...

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Right! Enough of this lethargy!! The heater is back on in the bunker and work will re-commence at around 10pm.

A bit of soldering and screwing under the boards (am I allowed to say that?  :O ) will soon get a sweat up (am I allowed to say THAT??  :O  :O ) and the double slip that cost an arm and a leg can start to earn its keep.

With the ton or so of spare timber from the old layout (I exaggerate a mere tad) stacked at the top of the stairs, I feel the urge to re-commence work on the valley floor. Maybe Monday. I'll take pics as I go along and show what I've done once it's all up-and-running. Hee hee! Bodgit will be complaining about that!  :jester:

Jeff

Hi Jeff, great to see you have the two loops up and running, just enjoy them.

BTW I did a bit of Video of Kirkby Stephen West today and if it comes out well I will post it in The Lounge. I also got some pics, did you know they even have a flicker glow in the fireplace of the Station Building.

Also Ian of Redgate Models Fame had his Crostie Fitted SOUND 9F at the show today and I have Video footage of that on Glen Roy so look out for that next week as well.

No POST as yet, so will have to wait till Monday, unless of corse it was a WIND UP hahaaheeeee

Bodgit

Hes been here toooooooooooooooooo

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, great to see you have the two loops up and running, just enjoy them.

BTW I did a bit of Video of Kirkby Stephen West today and if it comes out well I will post it in The Lounge. I also got some pics, did you know they even have a flicker glow in the fireplace of the Station Building.

Also Ian of Redgate Models Fame had his Crostie Fitted SOUND 9F at the show today and I have Video footage of that on Glen Roy so look out for that next week as well.

No POST as yet, so will have to wait till Monday, unless of corse it was a WIND UP hahaaheeeee

Bodgit

Hes been here toooooooooooooooooo

Evening Andy.

No wind up. Disappointing you didn't get it today - the best things come to those who wait.... And I can promise you, the wait is worth it!!

They must have added the fireglow recently on KSW. It'll be good to see the pics/video of KSW and the 9F.

Sounds like you had a good day....

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Yea Jeff, I have worked it out that if I sell Trebudoc :O  and all the sound locos and stock :no:  :no:  I can add sound to all 30 of my Steam OO stock for the new layout. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Also heard some of Paul Chetter's sounds today, they are very good :declare: :declare: :declare: :declare:

Sound fitted Bodgit :sungum: :sungum:

Must go, another early morning call tomorrow :stinker: :stinker: :stinker:

• RMweb Gold

Duncan,

Loved the sound of the locos working hard.  It is not always something that you get on preserved railways.  Also, lots of info on freight train make up.

:yes:

• RMweb Premium

Just spent 3 hours in the bunker. Quite a bit of wiring done - linking some of the fiddle yard Cobalts to the control panel (switching) area. Also sorted out the switching protocols for the single slip and tested the replacement piece of track I fitted yesterday.

Amazing how time flies - and I never even stood back and watched the trains going by!

I couldn't be bothered during the day, but the peace and quiet at this time of night is conducive to getting on with the job!

Jeff

Morning Jeff,

You have had a busy night!  What's on the plan for today? More wires? Or are you just going to be running trains?

Duncan - finally got round to watching that video, it's good!  And not a passenger train in sight!

• RMweb Gold

Btw, you've put a few posts in recently. Are you planning on becoming a Lunester? A degree of insanity IS required!!

Jeff

It is Sir Bodgit's fault. As I model in 0 ( as well as 2mm and 16mm) I followed Trebudoc and later Abbort's Mead. Mention kept be made to KL so I thought it worth a look. I have been quite impressed with your approach to the project. I also rather enjoy the banter.

I am not that familiar with the S&C my only trip over the line was on a railfan special with a 45 up front. There was heavy snow, white out, I got out at Gardsdale when we stopped by god it was cold. However I have not forgotten the sound of a 45 at full wack through Blea Moor.

The insanity part is no problem.

Don

Jeff

Are you going to start working spilt shifts. Teaching during the day and working on KL at night.

You certainly seem to get a lot done on your late evening / night shifts. Maybe I should try this approach

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

Are you going to start working spilt shifts. Teaching during the day and working on KL at night.

You certainly seem to get a lot done on your late evening / night shifts. Maybe I should try this approach

Duncan

I think I've always been a bit of a night person. Especially as I used to spend entire nights outside with a telescope or night-fishing for tench during the summer months. The teaching job put paid to that - maybe I'm reverting! However, I like to be up early in the morning, so it puts a bit of a squeeze on sleep!

The last two nights have been very productive. Probably do the same later today.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

It is Sir Bodgit's fault. As I model in 0 ( as well as 2mm and 16mm) I followed Trebudoc and later Abbort's Mead. Mention kept be made to KL so I thought it worth a look. I have been quite impressed with your approach to the project. I also rather enjoy the banter.

I am not that familiar with the S&C my only trip over the line was on a railfan special with a 45 up front. There was heavy snow, white out, I got out at Gardsdale when we stopped by god it was cold. However I have not forgotten the sound of a 45 at full wack through Blea Moor.

The insanity part is no problem.

Don

Yes, Bodgit has a lot to answer for!!

If I ever end up modelling in O it'll be through Andy's influence. It's been marvellous watching the work on Trebudoc and Andy's enthusiasm for whatever he does is infectious.

Don't worry if you're not an S&C follower. Just join in with the general mayhem amongst the Lunester threads. It's very conducive to motivation, I can tell you!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning Jeff,

You have had a busy night!  What's on the plan for today? More wires? Or are you just going to be running trains?

Duncan - finally got round to watching that video, it's good!  And not a passenger train in sight!

Hi Michael. An early morning for you (6am?)

I need to get the wiring sorted on the double slip. It should only take an hour or so once I get under the boards. Then I can wire-up some more turnouts to the panel area. I'm going to need to order some more blue and yellow wire, as I'm using metres of the stuff.

I'll be scaling back the loco roster for the next few days as I quite fancy attacking my valley floor design.

I had a look at the 4MT thread, re. the chemical plant idea. How large are you planning to make the layout?

Jeff

I think I've always been a bit of a night person. Especially as I used to spend entire nights outside with a telescope or night-fishing for tench during the summer months. The teaching job put paid to that - maybe I'm reverting! However, I like to be up early in the morning, so it puts a bit of a squeeze on sleep!

The last two nights have been very productive. Probably do the same later today.

Jeff

You're not the only one who prefers night work. I have never worked a 9 - 5 job and have always prefered working lates or nights. I also enjoy sea fishing from the beach at night.

I'm starting to find that the longer I'm not working the more time I spend doing things at night.

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

I say this every weekend, so apologies - very quiet on here.

I started working on the double slip and got sidetracked - for the last 3 hours - into conversation, chat and Led Zeppelin music with a neighbour. Coffee (of course) then time to go back out and pick up from where I was.

At least the neighbour enjoyed watching the 9F going chuff-chuff over the viaduct!

Jeff

Hi Michael. An early morning for you (6am?)

I need to get the wiring sorted on the double slip. It should only take an hour or so once I get under the boards. Then I can wire-up some more turnouts to the panel area. I'm going to need to order some more blue and yellow wire, as I'm using metres of the stuff.

I'll be scaling back the loco roster for the next few days as I quite fancy attacking my valley floor design.

I had a look at the 4MT thread, re. the chemical plant idea. How large are you planning to make the layout?

Jeff

Hi Jeff, 

Yes, it was, having been out walking all day yesterday I was in bed by 8 and asleep by 9, so 6 was about right for waking up.  That I hadn't reset the alarm after yesterday's 5:30am wake-up was purely incidental  :O

The chemical plant is currently planned out at 12ft by 2ft - which is the largest I can comfortably work on in the railway room.  The fact the room is currently missing a wall, and there is 28ft between opposite walls is not to be considered... :nono:

Hi Jeff, If I had know you were up so late I would have got you to give me an earlly morning call. hhahahheeeeheeeee.

I still need to see the above video so I should catch up on that tomorrow.

Great bunch of posts and a NEW Lunester I see, :declare: :declare: :declare: :declare:

Looking forward to greeting my Postie in the morning, hhaheheee, will it be a Duchess, or an A4, I will have to wait and see. heehehee

Bodgit :sungum: