New OO gauge Class 73

Some are due within the next couple of weeks although cannot confirm which models, as I do not know.

I also enquired about the next batch of models and the livery I was enquiring about should be available in the second release of class 73's. I wish I asked now if this was the only addition. I would expect it may be popular when released whatever the number is carries.

Is it me or is the 'cap' on top of the silencer rather too prominent?

Also I assume the prominent radio aerials seen just above the drivers side cab roof will not be a feature of applicable models? I am sure shawplan wont be disappointed to see this omission :)

Edited by sanspareil

• RMweb Gold

This morning I got this email from Hattons:

Hello

We thought you may like to know that an item you have asked us to notify when it arrives into stock, has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Dapol 4D-006-004 Class 73/0 electro-diesel E6003 in BR green with lower grey panels<http://www.ehattons.com/StockDetail.aspx?SID=74818&utm_source=ItemDeliveryDateUpdated&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4D-006-004>£119.51

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Wednesday 2nd December 2015

Whilst we are hopeful this information is accurate, manufacturer lead times are frequently prone to be delayed. This information is to be used as a guide only.

We hope that this email has been useful.

The Hattons price, until very recently, was still showing at £105, but seems that £119 +/- is now the going rate for the model wherever you look.

cheers,

Keith

Just been looking at the beginning of this topic and saw this post. Certainly made me chuckle!

Clearly this has been in the planning stages for sometime then given the close timing of the retailers annoucements for special editions.

Long overdue. Good to hear modellers wont be waiting for 2.5 years.

Judging by the samples, it looks like it's been worth the (three-and-a-half-year) wait!

Ed

• RMweb Gold

I've just been updated again by Dapol - apparently they're arriving in two batches - the 004 they tell me is due in the second batch (this is the model I was enquiry with them about) - apparently its estimated arrival is in 2-3 weeks**. They also said the BR Blue ones are in the first batch so anytime now for those I think :) 

**As Hattons have said, subject to change! 

Hi,

After seeing the samples at Warley, I ordered a GBRF one on Sunday (wish I'd done it earlier, I paid the higher price), I'll probably renumber / name it to 73209 'Alison'. I was going to order a BR Blue one, but I decided it was more in keeping with my layout if I ordered a GBRF version.

If you check hattons website, they it says that this version is also due on or after tomorrow, we shall wait and see, can't wait to get my hands on it!

Simon

Good picture of E6039 in yesterday's MREmag Warley round-up: http://www.mremag.com/index.php

From all the pictures I've seen, I'm more than happy with the job Dapol have done.

It is a pity that Dapol have used the wrong number font for this livery- they should be Rail alphabet whereas the model has the elongated diesel style applied to green diesels. Ironically this was one of the few models shown in the recent painted samples that did NOT have a livery error- but now it does. I know some people might reckon that this is just nitpicking but it is should not be difficult to use the correct type- it is not as though the locos concerned in this livery were rare or from a long time ago. There were 42 which carried this style (including those with rail grey band) and there are numerous photos both colour and monochrome on both the internet and in books. Come on Dapol please take care in making sure that those who approve the livery samples actually now what the livery looks like. If basic simple issues like this can be wrongly portrayed then it does make me a touch cautious when it comes to the important and essential items like the shape....

Apologies if anyones mentioned this previously, but after photographing these at Warley I noticed that the Intercity executive one has quite a fundamental livery error. . the executive dark grey has been mistakenly done in black. D'oh! 

Other than that, very very impressed. Top loco.

Apologies if anyones mentioned this previously, but after photographing these at Warley I noticed that the Intercity executive one has quite a fundamental livery error. . the executive dark grey has been mistakenly done in black. D'oh! 

Oops.  Looks like I'll be getting the large logo blue one then. 

• Like 1

Other than that, very very impressed. Top loco.

That is a major error and one that will have me reaching for the cancel button. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

I would like to think that it had been corrected, and the model in question on display at Warley was a pre production sample. But I'm 95% sure it was a production model as they're either on the boat or here by now. Almost certainly they've been made anyway. 

Maybe someone at Dapol or who knows for defo can confirm?

It's a shame as I was going to bag one of those myself, I'll wait for a second release I think instead of correcting it.  

Looking at pics of Gaugemaster's 73102 'Airtour Suisse' in executive it's hard to tell weather this is affected aswell. So if anyone could clear that up too it'd be useful

Alex

I missed the 73s on the stand at Warley, I assumed the pics were preproduction models. The Dutch one has the wrong colour roof and the number and arrow are too low under the cab windows. Not too difficult to sort really if renumbering anyway.

Cheers.