Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

I'm loving the scrap pile but I just had to tell you that you have all my sympathies on losing your beloved companion, it's heartbreaking, I know.

Please take some comfort in knowing that she did not suffer any more than necessary and you were with her to the end.

I do hope the pain will ease with time.

Best regards,

John E.

• RMweb Gold

No matter how many animals you have had in the past the passing of a real friend is always hard.

The layout is coming on nicely even though we are picking out odd details for critiscm. The rooflights do need to be amended It might look alright if they were turned over. The velux type are slightly different so they can swing open. Having fitted some I now know how they work.

Don

Firstly THANKS to you all for your kind words about Lara, our Greyhound, it is much appreciated, We never knew there were so many pet lovers on the R M Web.

O.K. Back to railway related matters and thanks for the comments about the scrap yard. We had a small car repair workshop near our home in Kent and I can remember seeing allsorts of JUNK outside, bits of Farm impliments, the old workshop crane, half a trailer and loads of lorry leaf springs and axels, so that is what I based my bit on.

Having said that I agree car parts would look better and with O gauge cars at silly money I will wait untill I find some at a junk shop sorry second user emporium :no:

I have however removed the Alloy Wheel.

I hope to tackle the Coal yard this weekend.

We have someone coming to look at the house on Friday so tommorrow will be a spring clean day so I doubt if I will get a chance to open the door on the Den, except for the excuse that I am just making sure it is tidy.

Get the house sold,  :sungum:          find a new one,  :sungum:              MOVE,    :sungum:            START A NEW PROJECT IN A BIG ROOM,   :sungum:           I hope :nono:

Jnr Lunester.

P.S. Jeff I like your cat as an Avatar, it is nice.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Andy - glad you like the avatar. I kept looking at George's magnificent cat and thinking that I should do the same.

If I was in your position, and space became available, I'd focus on what Kev has suggested. T would be my priority. The layout is excellent as it is, but a larger version in your larger gauge really whets the appetite.

Since I'm doing bug*er all having a quiet few days, while I read my book, I hope to see your progress on the coaling area... 

Jeff Senior Lunester

Edited by Physicsman

Andy - glad you like the avatar. I kept looking at George's magnificent cat and thinking that I should do the same.

If I was in your position, and space became available, I'd focus on what Kev has suggested. T would be my priority. The layout is excellent as it is, but a larger version in your larger gauge really whets the appetite.

Since I'm doing bug*er all having a quiet few days, while I read my book, I hope to see your progress on the coaling area... 

Jeff Senior Lunester

Hi Jeff and Kev, Well when I started the re build of T it was due to be longer, with a crossover and coal yard where the Fiddle Yard is, i.e. the other side of the road bridge, and then to add another board as a purly scenic board with the track on an embankment, and running into a cutting,/ tunnel Mouth and then the fiddle yard.

One plan when I move and subject to a room / garage big enough, is to do that and maybe make the layout more permanent, maybe even a continious run as I have taken the tracks to the end of the board at the station so I would only need to remove the Buffers and some foliage. I could then also extend the platform, and then it would take up one side of the Garage and the fiddle yard down the other side.

Then build the OO below it and the N Gauge above, hahahhahhhhheeeeee

Jnr Lunester 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy, sorry you got "chased off" KL. Having gone past 3000 posts, with more on the way, I thought that the thread needed some kind of Index to help people find the modelling themes. If you go to page 1 of the thread - should you be so inclined - and click on the link....presto.

I wouldn't put it past you to incorporate all 3 gauges. Nigel Burkin wrote a book where he builds a model railway in OO/HO with a separate N above it.

Jeff

Hi Andy, sorry you got "chased off" KL. Having gone past 3000 posts, with more on the way, I thought that the thread needed some kind of Index to help people find the modelling themes. If you go to page 1 of the thread - should you be so inclined - and click on the link....presto.

I wouldn't put it past you to incorporate all 3 gauges. Nigel Burkin wrote a book where he builds a model railway in OO/HO with a separate N above it.

Jeff

I will be back Jeff, you can't get rid of us oldies that easilly.

• RMweb Premium

I will be back Jeff, you can't get rid of us oldies that easilly.

As if I'd try!  :O

Anyway, while I read my book, I need you and George to inspire me! So let's see a bit more of your weathering wizardry or another on-site shed...

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

If you build semi modular extendable layouts you wont have to scrap everything if you move again. My 23ft x 11ft loft room was exchanged for a 13ftx 10ft one in our last move.

Don

edited for typo

Edited by Donw

If you build semi modular extendable layouts you wont have to scrap everything if you move again. My 23ft x 11ft loft room was exchanged for a 13ftx 10ft one in our last move.

Don

edited for typo

You are right Don, thanks for your input.

Andy.

As if I'd try!  :O

Anyway, while I read my book, I need you and George to inspire me! So let's see a bit more of your weathering wizardry or another on-site shed...

Jeff

Hi Jeff, we the DYNAMIC DUO are looking to do a couple of Videos when I go up next Thursday, at least one will be weathering, and one on Trebudoc.

Old Lunester.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear about the greyhound, I now what you are going through. I lost my cockatill three years ago, I now it was only a bird but you get so attach to them.

Back to what we are on here for, your car repair workshop looks fantastic. I see you had the bulldoser in to move them rocks and put some shingle down, looks a lot better.

RAY70B    

• RMweb Premium

Morning Andy. I thought I'd get my message in before you, for a change.

Lovely pictures of the dogs. Like my cats, they'll be with you forever in your thoughts.

Are you planning a bit more work on T, before you and George get together. Looking forward to the videos!

Jeff

Morning Andy. I thought I'd get my message in before you, for a change.

Lovely pictures of the dogs. Like my cats, they'll be with you forever in your thoughts.

Are you planning a bit more work on T, before you and George get together. Looking forward to the videos!

Jeff

Morning Jeff, Just the Coal Yard I think, then after we have seen how the Station Building fits, (if George has not made it the WRONG SIZE) and also the Signal Box, then the next step is to paint them, and then fit them into place and finish the last details.

Cheers,.Old Lunester