Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Hi all, I was not too happy with the end of the platform at the station building end and so I have put in another small piece of fence with a hedge behind and some more shrubs etc on the wall and around the buffers.            THE PVA IS STILL WET,           THAT'S THE WHITE BITS.

attachicon.gifTrebudoc Station hedge 001.JPGattachicon.gif

Andy,

I like the treatment at the end of the platform. My plan is do do something similar to this with a building & fence to create an alternative vista allowing viewing along the layout from that end.

Your photo's really show off those excellent backscenes but do you also have one for this end? It would be a shame to hide such a view!

Jon

Andy,

I like the treatment at the end of the platform. My plan is do do something similar to this with a building & fence to create an alternative vista allowing viewing along the layout from that end.

Your photo's really show off those excellent backscenes but do you also have one for this end? It would be a shame to hide such a view!

Jon

Hi Jon, No, no backscene on that end, as you say it will be a good photo opertunity especially for movies of trains coming in to the buffers.

Andy

Looking great Andy.

One small comment though - would it be worth adding a few darker / weathering tones to the station building?

Hi Richard, I take on board what you said, so please have a look at the pics above from the buffer end and the end wall is darker, is that what you mean?

Andy.

Hi Andy

I like what you have done at the end of the station. I do agree with Mudmagnet the station and signal box needs a bit more weathering.

Keep the pics coming.

RAY70B

Cheers Ray, I was replying to Richard when your post came in so I ask you the same question that I have asked Richard.

Andy.

Hi Andy

I got to say I love the treatment of the station building. You and George have done a very fine job indeed. Now I must admit to being somewhat worried. As a lifelong L&Y/LMS fan(atic), I suddenly find myself having visions of one of Bachmann's upcoming Dukedog's trundling down a Trebudoc-style branchline somewhere down south in foreign parts. HELP!

Regards to all

Bill (Confused Lunester)

Hi Andy

I got to say I love the treatment of the station building. You and George have done a very fine job indeed. Now I must admit to being somewhat worried. As a lifelong L&Y/LMS fan(atic), I suddenly find myself having visions of one of Bachmann's upcoming Dukedog's trundling down a Trebudoc-style branchline somewhere down south in foreign parts. HELP!

Regards to all

Bill (Confused Lunester)

Hi Bill, good to here from you, I think I have the answer, it is the SOMERSET AND DORSET, a wonderfull mix of ex LMS / Wester Region Panniers rubbing shoulders with 4F AND 9F's

Answers on a postage stamp to all Lunes around the world. (for those that don't get on to Kirkby Luneside under Special Interests / Settle and Carlile wont have a clue what alll this stuff about Lune ratings is all about).

Andy,                       Old Lune,                         hahahhahhaaa

• Like 2

Hi Bill, good to here from you, I think I have the answer, it is the SOMERSET AND DORSET, a wonderfull mix of ex LMS / Wester Region Panniers rubbing shoulders with 4F AND 9F's

Answers on a postage stamp to all Lunes around the world. (for those that don't get on to Kirkby Luneside under Special Interests / Settle and Carlile wont have a clue what alll this stuff about Lune ratings is all about).

Andy,                       Old Lune,                         hahahhahhaaa

A-ah! There you go then! I recall seeing a wonderful photo (possibly by Eric Treacy) showing a passenger train emerging from a tunnel on the S&D double-headed by an un-rebuilt Merchant Navy with a little Pug in front! Glorious! I don' t know what the crew on the Pug thought about it but I'll bet they did'nt spend too much time looking over thier shoulders. Looks like Theakestone may be relocating again! Also a good excuse for one of Bachmann's 7F's.

Regards Old Master Lune

Bill (Enlightened Lune)

I only hope the LYRS will forgive me! 

Andy, Blimey you were up early this morning? photos look good mate, we will have to have another marathon model session again, need some work on the layout (hint hint) hahaha, is there much more work to be done on 'Trebudoc' ??

George

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard, I take on board what you said, so please have a look at the pics above from the buffer end and the end wall is darker, is that what you mean?

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Sorry missed that. Does look better though!

Hi Richard (Mudmagnet) and all the rest of you looking at Trebudoc.

Well I have given the buildings another coat of wash to darken it down a bit, I must agree with Richard and Ray Norwood, it does look better.

I have also fitted the Station signs, and I ordered my benches etc today and will pick them up at the Stafford Show on the 2nd Feb.

I have also now stuck the Station Building down with  PVA so that is the white around trhe base of the building.

And finally I have moved the fence at the left and put another hedge behind it.

Andy.

post-9335-0-35746600-1359065950_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90729000-1359066039_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-86183500-1359066058_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73942800-1359066078_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91426600-1359066095_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30539900-1359066117_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53434800-1359066138_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77109600-1359066158_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Andy, Blimey you were up early this morning? photos look good mate, we will have to have another marathon model session again, need some work on the layout (hint hint) hahaha, is there much more work to be done on 'Trebudoc' ??

George

Hi, Sorry George I missed this earlier re what else is to do, well as far I know it is just

1, recieve, paint and fit the Benches,

2, Sorce some lamp posts, (none working as it is only ever seen in the day time) and paint and fit them, plus add the Totems.

3, purchase a selection of figures, Station Staff, Coal Merchant, Signalman,

4, Paint and Fit the small corragated Lamp hut I have ordered

5, sorce some fire buckets a Stafford, paint and fit.

6, add some small flower beds around the running in boards as on Lostwithel,

7, When Dapol release the Signals I will need 2 of them,

I think that that is about it, unless you or anybody else can think of something that looks obvious that I have missed. :O

Andy, :sungum:  

That's a lovely looking station building. Have you made it easily removable for adding the details?

I was also intrigued by how short the loco headshunt appears at the end of the platform. I'm struggling with length on mine but yours appears a wee bit shorter than I would have thought you need. Are you intending to run tender engines?

Jon

That's a lovely looking station building. Have you made it easily removable for adding the details?

I was also intrigued by how short the loco headshunt appears at the end of the platform. I'm struggling with length on mine but yours appears a wee bit shorter than I would have thought you need. Are you intending to run tender engines?

Jon

Good Morning Jon, No I do not intend to run any Tender Locos so I have made the head shunt long enough for a Std 4 Tank, As I am also restricted in the fiddle yard this made more sence than trying for a long head shunt, and loosing the run round facility. I can get the Ivatt and one coach or 4 wagons in the f/y and also in the run round loop so the layout is nicely ballaenced for operation.

The building has been built solid and so I cant get inside now to add any detail, but I have spent a few hours this week looking at pics of Preserved lines that I and others have taken, and even in closer ones than the 4mm viewing distance we have, you CAN NOT see anything through the glass. As the layout will NEVER be set at night time viewing I do not intend to ilumunate the building.

The Signal Box is different though, this will have a light inside and as there is so much glass around you CAN NORMALY see somthing in the Signal Box so that will have detail inside

The Car repair workshop is illuminated as it is in the foreground..

Morning Duncan, yes you are right about the platform edging stones, they also need marking out as well as toneing down, now another job for the list.

Morning George, I think the work and effort put in by your good self has made me take more care, and go the extra mile in the details and finish of the Building. 

I do appreciate all the effort and I hope I can repay you in some way on Abbotts Mead.

Andy

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

I have made a start on the platform flower beds today, I will get some propper 7 mm Hollyhocks or something to put in them eventually but at least it now ads a splash of colour to the Station.

Once again in my quest for a posting the PVA is wet :O

Andy (Flower Power) Lune. :sungum:

post-9335-0-47106900-1359122959_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33434200-1359123018_thumb.jpg

• Like 7