GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hello Peter, Yes the frame work will make it a bit firmer, as you say most of it will be removed when l find out what clearencies l need, l have put the how l did it photos in as l have had some PMs asking me to show how l did this or that.

George...

The "Terrier" is a great choice for Dapol in R-T-R O gauge. They can be run all all sorts of layouts from industrial, light railway, branch line, city line, country line, etc from 1870's right through to the 1950's. Heck, I'm looking forward to getting a couple so that I can re-create the NSW Government Railways N67 class, which was more or less identical to a Terrier, but with a different cab and bunker:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/state-records-nsw/6474986565/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Hi, Getting on with the Johnson 1F, cleaned up the chimney and smokebox door from JPL, and fitted to the footplate, l am trying to clean up as l go, saves a lot of time in the end,

l have spoken to bill at Premier Compontents who is sending me the chassis-plungers-motor, so she should be running on a decent chassis, l had one of bill's chassis for my Fowler 4F, and that runs lovely.

George

post-7716-0-68005800-1351006393_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hello Peter, Yes l am getting on with the build, just waiting for the chassis parts to arrive so l can cut the footplate to accept the wheels and motor etc etc.

l have just found some 15' nickle silver plate, and l must say l find it easier to cut, fold and solder, also it stays quite flat when l cut it with scissors, (l found that brass just curls up, and takes ages to flatten out again), so its nickle silver sheet for me from now on.

George

post-7716-0-96617600-1351065067_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-50000400-1351065105_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Rob. Thanks for the link to metalsmiths they have all the bits l should ever need. to aid my scratch builds.

Andy. No l dont think she will be running just yet, maybe when you have done Trebudoc Mkll ?

Kev, Thanks for the kind words, we all get motivated by people like yourself and other members on the RMweb.

Peter, Thanks to Rob l now have an endless supply of nickle-silver plate, (PS hows the Bullied ?)

The Johson 1F is coming along nicely, need to get the bunker done, then cut the chassis for the motor etc, l must say l like some of the smaller locos of the L.M.S, but l need to get back to the SOUTHERN, got a (Ace) Class K 2-6-0 to tackle next.

George

post-7716-0-85659900-1351154364_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-37338200-1351154432_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

George

I use Metalsmiths too, their service is very good.

The Bulleid is giving me headaches. I think I have cracked the body, detailing has started there. I am now bashing my head against the wall, with the brakes etc on the loco chassis.

Hi Lads, Thanks for the info on metalmasters, l ordered quite a lot of brass strips of various sizes and they were here the next day, what good service and very helpful on the telephone too,

The Johnson is coming along nicley, need to get the correct large dome, fit the handrails etc, and thats the body almost done, then onto the chassis, l have ordered one from Premier Components, so l will put her away for a while, as Bill is not the quickest.

post-7716-0-31072600-1351847948_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-96143900-1351847961_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-83032200-1351847977_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-43059500-1351847997_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Hello Andy, l always build the body first, so if it goes wrong at this stage then l would scrap it, if the loco looks right l will then put a chassis to it, sounds silly but it works for me, have a nice break and recharge the old batteries, and be all nice and chilled ready for your next project in the premier gauge..

Hello Andy, l always build the body first, so if it goes wrong at this stage then l would scrap it, if the loco looks right l will then put a chassis to it, sounds silly but it works for me, have a nice break and recharge the old batteries, and be all nice and chilled ready for your next project in the premier gauge..

May get you to build and paint a 14XX ? kit of course.

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Andy, The first kit l ever built was a (Kay's) white meta kit of a southern K class, it was crude but it looked good for the day, over forty years ago, so when l saw the ACE kit at the last O gauge show we went to l thought what the heck go for it, so l bought it along with their A1x, they sure are hard work, but then at that price what did l expect, to be fair it is just like scratch building, with the difference being you dont have to search everywhere to get all the bits, as they are all in the kit, so after many hours of work l have finished the A1x, and the K class is coming on on.

The pictures are of the progress so far, the firebox needs to be rounded off before l fix the boiler, so much work, but very enjoyable, the cab that was supplied in the kit is from the southern days, so it will be my first loco in black with the big southern numbers and southern on the tender side, maybe l will go for the Southern Railway in early 1930s between the wars, then l can keep the locos nice and clean

post-7716-0-97228600-1353143923_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-74646700-1353143936_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-82854300-1353143950_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Buddy, Why don't you stat a new thread for this K Class, as I feel that putting all your stuff on one site may get lost with people just looking at the title amd missing the best of the builds. Just a thought, Andy.