GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hi George

I built one of these when they were still under the Eric Underhill banner. Dead easy to build and a superb runner to boot with some lead glued into the body. I sold it about a year ago and it now works for a living in Australia! Wish I'd kept it!!

Looking good

Regards

Sandy

Hello Kev,   l find the plunger's from Premier Component's (PC 702) a lot more robust than the slater's one's, but that's my just my preference, they work for me, all l do is link the plunger's up then to the motor, much tidier.

l love big Jim's kit's as well, l have made the 20T brake van, and l am saving up for the Queen Mary boggie brake van, look's fantastic. PS love the various wagon's you are building too,

George..

Thanks for your kind words George.

The Premier plungers do look much simpler than the Slaters one. No tabs and tiny nuts to mess around with.

Hello Ray,   The loco is complete in resin and the cab roof section come's off that's it, two piece's, and all the other bit's are stuck to the loco with 'Powerbond 806' the step's are brass and a few white metal component's, cracking little loco, l wish there were more like it, once it's painted you will never know it's not brass.

PS..  Still keeping an eye on your Q1 build, you're doing a cracking job on it....

George..

Hello Sandy,   l wish there were more around, l have scratch built a Jinty in brass / tin etc, and side by side they are the same apart from the scratch built one took 3 month's to complete, and the resin took just 3 hour's to have her up and running, as l had bought a premier components chassis, didn't like the one in the kit ?

George..

Hello Kev.  l use 'Premier Component's' for everything now, and Bill will make you most thing's to do with the chassis, just talk to him on the phone, l use one of his chassis kit's, the plunger's, and he even does the motor / gearbox, give him a ring you won't regret it.

George..

• Like 1

Hi Rob, Sandy & Andy,  Nice to hear from you all, l must admit to being a bit sceptical at first, as the guy l bought from said on the saturday   

(at a 2-dayshow with Andy's 'Glen Roy') that he had a Jinty kit for sale untouched, l was thinking it might one of Big Jim's or similar, when he bought it in the next day, he said l'm sorry its not a brass kit, it's a resin one, so l said no thank's l'll give it a miss,

But after a long chat with Andy, l decided to go for it, so we had a 'good old haggle', and l bought it, and its been in the to do drawer for a while,  l was looking for something in my other drawer and l found a 'Premier' chassis l had bought for £20 last year, from a guy who was selling bits and pieces,

As l could not find anything that l wanted at the Bolton show last week, l thought 'what the heck', and bought the motor from Bill at 'Premier' and the wheel's from Slater's, so thats about it.

and l must admit it has been a joy to put together, hardly any cleaning to do, and the white metal part's are lovely, side by side with the Jinty l scratch built they look good

post-7716-0-37542200-1361575173_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-36796000-1361575180_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-44657100-1361575189_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-67102200-1361575199_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Hello Duncan,   Yes you are spot on l won't be able to tell, that's why l have fitted cab door's (closed) on the resin one, also l have taken the brass strips off the roof, as the resin one only had two on, so l will have to do some research, to see if any of the Jinty's only had 2 or did they all have 4 ? also there is no cut out lower mid-tank for the sand filler so l'm quessing it's in the 472xx range ?

George..

Good Morning Kev,  When got into scratch building l started out with a drawing l had for a Fowler 0-6-0 3f (Jinty) and l just built it, and l really enjoyed it, but l'm a southern man so why did l build an ex-LMS loco ? then l scratch built another ex-LMS loco in the Fowler 4f, thing's we do ? so l thought if l build a layout somewhere on the S&D l could run both ex-LMS & ex-Southern ?

also Jason, of 'Bacup' fame has suggested a mill or factory scene, and that has got me thinking down those line's, maybe a southern named brewery, (maybe Brickwood's) with a loading dock with siding's, l just don't know which road to go down ?

George..

also Jason, of 'Bacup' fame has suggested a mill or factory scene, and that has got me thinking down those line's, maybe a southern named brewery, (maybe Brickwood's) with a loading dock with siding's, l just don't know which road to go down ?

George..

Morning George

I like the idea of the brewery. To help you decide if you want to go down this route try having a look at this PDF document for some ideas http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/publications/gazetteer-breweries/bhs-operating-breweries.pdf

Duncan

Hello Ray,   The loco is complete in resin and the cab roof section come's off that's it, two piece's, and all the other bit's are stuck to the loco with 'Powerbond 806' the step's are brass and a few white metal component's, cracking little loco, l wish there were more like it, once it's painted you will never know it's not brass.

PS..  Still keeping an eye on your Q1 build, you're doing a cracking job on it....

George..

Hi George

Thanks for your reply as I am thinking of doing a W class and it has a resin boiler and I have not done anything in resin before. I have not done any work on the Q1 for a week as I have been getting Yard Shunter ready for Biggleswade Show this weekend, hope to start working on it this week.

Keep up the good work.

RAY70B