When the real thing looks like a model

On 26/02/2023 at 19:13, F-UnitMad said:

Now THAT view is making my hands sweat!!! Talk about having a head for heights!!

The thing which stands out in pictures of that era, is the complete lack of working clothes or PPE.. the chap in the homburg and overcoat is dressed for a trip to the pub...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 02/04/2023 at 16:31, Wickham Green too said:

Someone else has used HO scale cars on his 4mm layout by the look of it !

I'd have said they were N scale cars, at the back of an OO layout.

Ridiculous train, as well!! Loco & 1 EMU carraige??!! I don't care what it says on the side, ain't fooling nobody!!😝

Actually I can't quite read what it says - "Instruction Car" maybe? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

I'd have said they were N scale cars, at the back of an OO layout.

Ridiculous train, as well!! Loco & 1 EMU carraige??!! I don't care what it says on the side, ain't fooling nobody!!😝

Actually I can't quite read what it says - "Instruction Car" maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Inspection car. Its the one converted from a 'Hastings' DEMU.

1 hour ago, Wickham Green too said:

i.e. the one converted from a Maunsell 'Restriction 0' Composite - NOT the one converted from a DEMU Buffet !

Assuming my identification is correct then more at https://www.departmentals.com/departmental/70155 but a confusing and distressing tale of its life in conservation (?) but it may still exist at Barrow Hill. 

Paul

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apologies in advance as this is probably more like ‘when the real thing looks like a model on my layout’.

Woooohoooo….now I don’t only have Rule 1 at my disposal….I finally have an excuse for running my ex BR Seacow ballast hoppers with my DB Ludmilla. Albeit an ex USSR now DB Schenker Romania. Flipping great, they are even still in old BR Dutch livery…who’d have thunk it. I’ve included the same photo but with the details under the first one. Looks like he is loaded up for a trip to Three Bridges Yard, ready for the weekend possession work. Maybe they ran out of ballast at Meldon that week….bit of a long trip from Romania though. 😂

Big Up to TrainSimFan for the brilliant photos. Check them out if you get a minute. 

CF13078C-E1EE-4FB9-9FD8-A06BEDF4DE3C.jpeg.181e0f653504b43aa38c5db79e94dbd6.jpeg

98B5B238-1D76-4035-99E1-7DEFF34538C3.jpeg.d7abe808c97a61df3b9be013c2f7f8fe.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...