Model Rail Limited Editions news

dibber25

I think 55993 had two versions of the livery.  One very similar to 55994 but one with the lighter blue as shown in this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/d210bob/6545633067/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Always hard to judge colours by any photo but it is definitely not the same as 55994.

Many thanks for that. It's one from the same Flickr photostream I posted links to last night. I took the liberty of using a closer-up photo from D210bob's photostream and re-coloured it to represent what the prototype would've looked like had it been painted as MR have commissioned the model. Next to each version, I've pasted my photo of the model, both repainted to match the prototype, and as it is out of the box. It clearly shows the discrepancy:

post-5972-0-34716900-1395479904_thumb.jpg

I think 55993 had two versions of the livery.  One very similar to 55994 but one with the lighter blue as shown in this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/d210bob/6545633067/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Always hard to judge colours by any photo but it is definitely not the same as 55994.

Just for reference, no difference on the shades between 55993 & 55994

post-8721-0-78585500-1395482326.jpg

How about phoning and cancelling before it is actually sent?

Hi Mr NCK, unfortunately my monies had been debited and an email received on Thursday saying my model had been dispatched........so no point really in bothering someone to hunt through for a box that may have been dispatched or collected.

I think as griffgriff has said, the point has been well made and I think most will see your point. There is a danger of over emphasising that point though, it's not going to result in MR pulling the model from sale or adjusting the colour, it's been produced and one way or another MR will sell these models.

I also contact MR this morning via Twitter. Again, no reply. It looks like you're the only MR representative on earth.

Ah! So it has finally sunk in! We have a staff of three in the editorial office. One has left (and now works for the magazine which owns this forum), one works Monday-Wednesday, the third one has a magazine to produce and can't do it if he's constantly dealing with e-mail/internet/social media etc. I actually volunteered to do it for him - a short straw exercise which I am now regretting. Guess what? When you get your response from Model Rail, it'll be from me, and it will tell you exactly what I've told you on here. 

CHRIS LEIGH

Ok Griff...I thought it was a flippant off the cuff comment, but I understand what you are saying now, as I said in my earlier posts, and some of my enquiries to Chris on the initial announcement of this model, the picture they produced was wrong in colour form the start, and this was questioned, to which we where told, the pre-production sample was wrong also, and this will be corrected at the painting stage...but sadly alas this doesn't seem to have happened, and a good number have bought the item on this pretense,

"please note this is not laying any blame at Chris Leigh's door, I think Chris is a true Gentleman who gives his time on here to post good constructive posts and thread, and engages with us modellers so we can move forward in this hobby"

Sadly for a lot of us involved in this purchase we are not happy with the colours applied, yes thanks to MR we get a refund of the initial Model outlay, thank you for that, but we should be reimbursed for our return postage also, now it's okay for people to say "but MR will be out of pocket because of the amount of models returned", well if the model was correct in the first place then 99% of the purchasers would be happy and very few models would be returned..

If for some reason my return postage is not refunded, I will compensate my costs by not buying another edition of MR again, simples, once bitten twice shy.

Happy Modelling

Craig.

I would like anyone who is returning their model to READ the post in which I explained the refund policy - including the section which I specifically emphasised in bold).

CHRIS LEIGH

When the photographs of the model first appeared in MR I thought the colour was lighter than the prototype. Surely someone would/could also have noticed that before ordering the production run? 

I think they did - see post 531 on page 22!

Richard.

If anyone's curious to see the quality of the detail, I've uploaded a hi-res JPG here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxhyetap51wln8c/55993%20original%20and%20retouched%20220314.jpg

RWJ

To be honest when I look at this I just wish Heljan would shrink these models to N or that Dapol/Bachmann pick up the gauntlet, we need 128s in N.  It might not be the exact shade but it's actually growing on me pity I would only want a plain blue for my era.

I think they did - see post 531 on page 22!

Richard.

There appears to be no difference between the first sample - which MR admit was incorrect - and what Heljan have no produced 300 of. Isn't it curious that MR haven't printed a photo of the prototype alongside their model of it? Anyone would think they want to keep quiet about the error, and hope nobody notices. I still haven't found a single image of 55993 in light cyan, but have found plenty of it in mid-blue.

RWJ

To be honest when I look at this I just wish Heljan would shrink these models to N or that Dapol/Bachmann pick up the gauntlet, we need 128s in N.  It might not be the exact shade but it's actually growing on me pity I would only want a plain blue for my era.

Perhaps it's something the N Gauge Society could look into, and I hope they do.

RWJ

• RMweb Gold

There appears to be no difference between the first sample - which MR admit was incorrect - and what Heljan have no produced 300 of. Isn't it curious that MR haven't printed a photo of the prototype alongside their model of it? Anyone would think they want to keep quiet about the error, and hope nobody notices. I still haven't found a single image of 55993 in light cyan, but have found plenty of it in mid-blue.

RWJ

image-28.jpg

RWJ

image-28.jpg

Don't like my criticism? Tough.

• RMweb Gold

its not that i dont like the critisism, i even agree with you that its not 100% right and the way you have photoshopped the pics is very good its just you are trying to make the same point over and over and over again, we get it, your not happy, chris has given you unpteen replies about the situation regards contact from MR, has explained the situation regards the colour chosen and you still go on and on and on!

RWJ

I wonder if your pc is filtering out Dibbers responses, because they don't seem to be getting through to you. Now please give it a rest

• RMweb Gold

RWJ

so you have stated about 64 times now that the colour is wrong, been told you can get a refund, what more do you want. Are you expecting compensation for the mental anguish you have suffered?

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived this morning. The upper panel really is in Provincial light blue. I photographed it outside in the sun on a calibrated Nikon D200:

attachicon.gif210314-000 55993 original.jpg

I then recoloured it to show what it should look like, on a hardware-calibrated monitor:

attachicon.gif210314-000 55993 correct livery.jpg

It speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Bizarre, I've just held my model upto the pc screen to compare the colours on my model to the colours on your pictures and what do I find - it looks more like your recoloured one than the original as you received.

The roof colour on your pics are both way out from the roof colour on my models - your roofs look white, mine is a light beige/grey.

Certainly is difficult woking out what is supposed to correct or not looking at pictures on a pc.

Keith

Archived