Treamble Branch Line & Penhale Military Camp

• RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session involved painting the chutes, prior to installation.

However, the period of time available did not match the amount of time required, so some more work will need to be done on the base coat before the weathering and distressing can be completed.

post-7025-0-77062100-1423504228_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session was badly disrupted due to some pr*tt not bring the necessary plastic struts...

So I decided to make a smithy instead, starting with the front wall. However, as the glue & plastic is now drying under a box of Jenga ( it was to hand and not likely to be used), I can only apologise for the lack of photographs.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Today's modelling session involved yet more post threading and the completion of the chute painting.

attachicon.gif20150210_132727.jpg

Stu,

Is the tramway the sort of thing which would (in reality) be worked by a cable and some winding gear? It looks quite lightweight for a locomotive, and too narrow for horses. However I may be looking at it the wrong way.

- Richard.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's a manual tramway - hand pushed tipper wagons would be manoeuvred along to the chute then the ore tipped into the standard gauge wagon.

I need to add the rails, foot boards and staging for the tipping area and mechanism for raising and lowering the chute extensions ( yet to be added).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Today's modelling session, so far, has involved adding a chimney and side building to the smiffy, as well as completing the door and slapping some paint around.

Please, what is the manufacturer of the plastic sheet with the coursed stone effect on the building? It looks like it could work for a retaining wall or bridge abutment in HO, 00 or even S scales.

- Richard.

Edited by 47137

• RMweb Gold

Stu,

This is looking good.  I am pleased that you are getting regular modelling time.  I assume you did not go to work today though.  It is quite satisfying doing a little bit every day.  (Says he who has had no time since Thursday and will not now do anything until probably Wednesday.)

• RMweb Gold

No, no work today. SWMBO works one night a week, so once the boys are sorted I get a couple of hours on a Friday evening.

Saturday morning she's in bed, so providing all the chores are done I can grab some time then too.

But I've done more work in the last couple of weeks in the lunchbreak than I've managed at home in the last couple of months.

In order to supplement the motive power for the layout, I've pre-ordered a 64xx from Kernow. This gives me 3 praries, 3 panniers and a Sentinal. Should be enough...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session involved adding part of the smiffy roof.

post-7025-0-87383600-1424092293_thumb.jpg

A general shot of how this fits in, so far. Next along will be the winding house for the pit head.

post-7025-0-26766500-1424092349_thumb.jpg

The smithy wall could do with some strengthening metal work...

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session involved adding a back wall to the smithy. This was the original end wall of the building, the smithy, chimney and small windowed extension were added at a later date. The bricked-up window also suggests a change in internal use and layout.

post-7025-0-57396300-1424178749_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session involved rebuilding the pithead framework to include the exceptional sheave wheels recently purchased from 'Dazzler Fan' of this parish, with thanks also to Buffalo for his suggestion & link.

post-7025-0-23904300-1425042190_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-67877700-1425042236_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session involved adding some more paint. This time it's to the pithead frame and one of the sheave wheels.

post-7025-0-04383800-1425223557_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session involved adding the rest of the main coat of paint to the pithead. In place with 9635 it does give me the sort of dominance I was after.

post-7025-0-24213300-1425475437_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Today's modelling session involved adding the rest of the main coat of paint to the pithead. In place with 9635 it does give me the sort of dominance I was after.

attachicon.gif20150304_131956.jpg

If the GWR used warning signs to show a limited clearance, a couple of these would set off the steelwork nicely. I do like the colours of this model.

- Richard.