Treamble Branch Line & Penhale Military Camp

• RMweb Gold

I did think about a blast wall.

There are some old WW2 gun emplacements at Pendennis Castle and the nearby headland in Falmouth which have various construction styles, but none of the images I found for mine/quarry stores were anywhere near as h&s conscious.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I did think about a blast wall.

There are some old WW2 gun emplacements at Pendennis Castle and the nearby headland in Falmouth which have various construction styles, but none of the images I found for mine/quarry stores were anywhere near as h&s conscious.

Stu,

I would think that there would be a lot more in a military store as well as being attached to pieces of metal designed to rip things apart so a blast wall would be more appropriate there.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not only that, but there is no room in front of the door to fit the blast wall, as the headshunt is tight for length as it is.

So, the walls are together and the door is on:

post-7025-0-92276800-1428760925_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If this is a gunpowder store it should be fine as it is. If it is a store for munitions, there might be a weapon loading/unloading bay nearby. This can be a three-sided box full of sand. If present, it would emphasise the purpose of the store.

- Richard.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The military supplies will be unloaded at the 'new' siding constructed exclusively for the Army's use - the pictured headshunt gives access.

It's an interesting point about the sandbox - would that be for fire suppression or somewhere to drop unstable ordnance ?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It's a box for providing "health and safety" for loading and unloading equipment which is designed to be lethal. There is a UK specification in JSP 403 but to be honest, it's a box full of sand.

- Richard.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session involved much cussing and swearing. Having added a higher backscene support board on Treamble I found it caused issues when re-fitting it in the slot in the baseboard.

Those issues are resolved, but there is a knock-on effect on the FY board.

However, the track was cleaned and some testing took place.

Here in a late 60's guise a pannier is seen shunting under the derelict hopper, whilst a lone box van sits awaiting some sappers.

post-7025-0-84825000-1429014266_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-94319000-1429014290_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Today's modelling session involved completing the rest of the frame, adding the foamboard fascia and connecting and testing the lighting rig.

All went as planned :)

post-7025-0-35076400-1429618964_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-59910900-1429618965_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Stu,

All the best for Saturday.  I know it seems a bit early but I am not sure what I am doing before then and I would hate not to wish you 'all the best' before the event.

I did suggest to my wife that we came but she only smiled, like she does when she thinks I am joking.  It is not helped by the fact that our grand daughter has a birthday party Saturday morning, so it would be a bit of a rush to get down.

• RMweb Gold

I found the missing set of conduit joining pieces when tidying the garage to get the layout in - they were in the ' take this box to the show' box...

Meanwhile the Treamble name board has been made, the lighting rig has been improved to help keep it in place, the front lower fascia trim has been completed and addition stock has been retrieved from the loft.

Scenicy bits next.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I found the missing set of conduit joining pieces when tidying the garage to get the layout in - they were in the ' take this box to the show' box...

Meanwhile the Treamble name board has been made, the lighting rig has been improved to help keep it in place, the front lower fascia trim has been completed and addition stock has been retrieved from the loft.

Scenicy bits next.

Stu,

I have that problem too, not being able to find things when they are where they should be.  Have fun tomorrow.

Scenicy bits next.

I always have stuff put "specially away for extra safekeeping" and I always end searching that and finding only the non-special stuff at expected locations (aka the usual suspects).

So now whenever I want to secure something I ask myself where I would expect to find that item in a hurry on the first go ... works better now.

Best Regards,

Christian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm usually fairly good at remembering where I left things - but there are exceptions and there are times when someone else helpfully moves them.

Latest missing items are name badges.... sure they were in my sock drawer....

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 1