Treamble Branch Line & Penhale Military Camp

• RMweb Premium

Looking at your dynamite store, and dredging up faint memories of one that was still about in an old mining area when I was a kid, it don't look secure enuff. Corrugated iron roof and Windows, let alone unbarred, no. (This was way before the "Troubles" too) Think iron plate building say about 10' square, single storey, riveted joins, central iron door in front. The front and back of the building had semicircular eaves, and a sheet steel roof, half cylindrical shape, ran front to back, with no appreciable overhang. No windows, the whole lot being tarred over black. If you think a very short GWR iron mink with a high roof, and single door only in end, is the best way to imagine it? It would make a distinctive model. Lights fag and presses post quickly.

Edit: just to round it off, thinking about it, best practice would include a lightning conductor, as well!

Edited by Northroader

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for your description.

In my defence, yer 'onner, the window is not a window but a vent, and most of the store is underground in an old adit - the visible bit you can see is merely the outer wall & door; inside are the secure steel barriers that would make Goldfinger tremble - as you can't see them, you'll have to take my word.

Plus, if it looks nothing like a dynamite store, then it can't possibly be a dynamite store, can it...

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

It's made way for a track extension,  the plan is to create a roundy-roundy...

Having purchased a full set of 2nd radius curves, I've realised that by adding a short headshunt to the left end, replacing what was the original connection to Shepherds, and by adding a small fiddle yard to the new right hand exit, I should be able to operate the layout single handed, plus keep the footprint to a reasonable size.

Hopefully some experimenting tomorrow with some green diesels.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Two end boards have been added, one with power supply sockets for the handheld controller.

This means I can now play trains in the garage :)

post-7025-0-08000700-1465412893_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-64182400-1465412938_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-61143900-1465412917_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I must say Stubbers, I am quite taken with the 63xx. Very nice.

I am intrigued by the wasp stripes on the front of the boxes of the 08. Was this a one off?

Rob.

post-14122-0-87311400-1465415472.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Have taken delivery of a green Class 25, a bogie well wagon with boiler load and a pair of weathered 20t brake vans.

Family is getting good at birthday pressies :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Have taken delivery of a green Class 25, a bogie well wagon with boiler load and a pair of weathered 20t brake vans.

Happy Burpday, Stubbers.

Rob.

Got to love your family Stu no dodgy socks or ties only the good stuff that you will really appreciate.

Full marks to them, and good luck now for some truly great Christmas presents Can I become a family member to LOL

Real like the ingress of green Diesels they actualy look right at home.

• RMweb Gold

Having only run Shepherds & Treamble at exhibitions in GWR steam guise, I thought Treamble on its own would also suit the early diesel period. 

I quite like the short, Bo-Bo locos. 

The next step is to add a new fiddle yard on the right and a short headshunt on the left, then re-work the fascia and lighting.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

How many diesels would you like me to loan you dear boy.

Here is one you might like with fun attachment? However we would need to rewheel it back to OO (I have the wheels). The Brake tender would also need regauging but you could do that easy peasy.

post-2326-0-35976200-1468845762_thumb.jpg

Does you want blue ones?

post-2326-0-39132800-1468845919_thumb.jpg

Any old colour?

post-2326-0-24061600-1468845984_thumb.jpg

Any old shapes?

post-2326-0-05359100-1468846037_thumb.jpg

Others by appointment.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1