The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Just been watching my 3 year olds favourite programme "Blaze and the Monster machines". I was surprised to find that the episode was all about amplifiers and sound. Right at the end the hero Blaze turned himself in to an amplifier and cranked himself up to 11! Spinal Tap lives rock on!

Marc

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Continuing my ‘selfish’ things that make you smile, this has today, been working my balls off and decided to treat myself to a new car, after the 5L phaeton became unviable fuel and repair wise I ended up back in November with an £1100 mini convertible 1.6 which I’ve been slowly modifying (looks wise) and having an absolute scream in as its such good fun to drive and bits can be bought cheaply for it

anyway bought some side skirts the other week from a guy on a farm near Wolverhampton and sat on his drive was a Mini Cooper s which he said he son had been using but couldn’t afford to insure, I jokingly said if he wanted shut I’d have it off him as it was out of MOT

Forward a week and I’ve ended up buying it off him, I like to think of it as a bit of a barn find as since the last MOT it’s done 16 miles and the year previous 25 miles, it’s 16 years old with 96k on the clock, obviously I’ve got to get it MOT’d myself but I’m seeing this one as a bitbif a project car, to my untrained eye it needs the brakes cleaning off obviously after 2 years of no use but it started first time, changed gears ok, super charger appears to be in fine fettle, no oil leaks etc, cost me £1200 which I’m more than happy with

6C2E593C-2FC7-4855-BC37-215C3F29DDE0.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Pfft, I wanna hear about Odin!

C6T.

he went missing this morning!

wife had the house upside down looking for him, 3 hours later while she was on the phone to me upset he reappeared sat under the side table in the conservatory looking a bit shaky

she says he seems to have taken a backward step in that he suddenly went very untrusting and he even hissed at my wife, i think he may have climbed in or behind somewhere while exploring the house and panicked (had a flashback as it were!) he still cant get up stairs, or certainly not tried it in front of us anyway so he must have been somewhere on the ground floor, its a mystery?

not touched his food since either but back in his favourite place by the radiator

wife had the house upside down looking for him, 3 hours later while she was on the phone to me upset he reappeared sat under the side table in the conservatory looking a bit shaky

she says he seems to have taken a backward step in that he suddenly went very untrusting and he even hissed at my wife, i think he may have climbed in or behind somewhere while exploring the house and panicked (had a flashback as it were!) he still cant get up stairs, or certainly not tried it in front of us anyway so he must have been somewhere on the ground floor, its a mystery?

not touched his food since either but back in his favourite place by the radiator

Hi Jim,

Dogs have owners.

Cats have staff.

Gibbo.

• RMweb Gold

All our cats are named after Doctor Who assistants. We have Rose and Clara. then Rory and Amy became adopted.... Until Amy went to be sterilised, the vet had to report that after cutting HER open they decided to castrate HIM. But hey we are liberal here! By the way the dog is called Buffy ( as in the vampire slayer) as she was once a cute small long haired blond like this:

:post-11571-0-71777700-1547499589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vistisen
  • Like 8

it’s 16 years old with 96k on the clock, obviously I’ve got to get it MOT’d myself but I’m seeing this one as a bitbif a project car, to my untrained eye it needs the brakes cleaning off obviously after 2 years of no use but it started first time, changed gears ok, super charger appears to be in fine fettle, no oil leaks etc, cost me £1200 which I’m more than happy with

So just coming up to the (in)famous 100,000 mile service which includes work on the supercharger, here is hoping you are still happy after the bill for that.

Of course if you are handy with the spanners it is a DIY job, just a bloomin long winded one.

• RMweb Premium

We had an Odin...far left as you look at the avatar... Collies are meant to be intellegent,,He didn't get that right nor much else, but he was loveable...

• Like 1

So just coming up to the (in)famous 100,000 mile service which includes work on the supercharger, here is hoping you are still happy after the bill for that.

Of course if you are handy with the spanners it is a DIY job, just a bloomin long winded one.

The Wheeler Dealer guys bought a mini that was near that mark.  Probably worth digging out the episode to see what was done.  I recall (can't remember if it was Edd or Ant) the comment that the 100K inspection is expensive.

John

Edited by brossard

• RMweb Gold

The Wheeler Dealer guys bought a mini that was near that mark.  Probably worth digging out the episode to see what was done.  I recall (can't remember if it was Edd or Ant) the comment that the 100K inspection is expensive.

John

just been watching that episode (assuming its the one filmed in california) and its not as horrendous as i was expecting, they were replacing the waterpump (which ive got a reciept for and was done just before it got parked up) and they replaced lots of pipes, HT leads etc, really the service is pretty basic stuff (oli, filter, plugs etc) but the supercharger bit is obviously the biggest part of it

i know that the sequences on the screen are bitesized but to get to the supercharger isnt a massive job once the bumper and slam panel is removed (thats just 12 bolts) and the radiator is dropped out of the way, and what needs doing to the charger again is pretty basic, general inspection, 125ml of oil, gasket etc, a service kit can be bought off ebay for around £50, i may well have a look at doing that myself over the summer

the main thing is actually getting it in for the MOT and seeing what basic stuff it needs first

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

All our cats are named after Doctor Who assistants. We have Rose and Clara. then Rory and Amy became adopted.... Until Amy went to be sterilised, the vet had to report that after cutting HER open they decided to castrate HIM. But hey we are liberal here! By the way the dog is called Buffy ( as in the vampire slayer) as she was once a cute small long haired blond like this:

:attachicon.gif28052011038.jpg

That's exactly what happened to us. We inherited a young Black cat from our daughter who was a Gavin and Stacey fan. She was called Nessa. I took her to the vet to be checked over and the vet asked if we wanted her spaying. I agreed and she examined the little one and told me that she'd just found two things that shouldn't be there and she had some news for me. I texted wife and daughter to say that Nessa was now called Gavin and promptly booked him in for the unkindest cut of all. He was lovely and as we have moved to France he's now back with Rachel but as Gavin. He/she had apparently been sexed by a friend of Rachels. I said that I hoped the friend had better judgement when she went out clubbing.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2