RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

This amused me:

Digital dress codes: What will we wear in the metaverse?

Happily, I will spend not one iota of thought worrying about this. I find it amusing that people not only think about this but spend real money addressing it.

There are companies genuinely 'worrying' about it. Nike today announced the acquisition of a company called RTFKT - a purveyor of non-fungible tokens for virtual shoes. 

O brave new world. That has such people in't?

Your post is the first time that I have seen/heard of the "metaverse", whatever that may be! :o

Just now, J. S. Bach said:

the "metaverse", whatever that may be!

It's partly why the corporate entity, formerly called Facebook, recently changed it's name* to Meta Platforms. They will at some point broadly launch a "Metaverse" virtual world platform.

* There were probably other reasons too, related to their Instagram platform.

• Informative/Useful 2

16 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It's partly why the corporate entity, formerly called Facebook, recently changed it's name* to Meta Platforms. They will at some point broadly launch a "Metaverse" virtual world platform.

* There were probably other reasons too, related to their Instagram platform.

It didn’t work for Windscale…

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, steve1 said:

You can’t make this stuff up. 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/dec/17/anti-5g-necklaces-radioactive-dutch-nuclear-experts-quantum-pendants

Anti 5G necklace? What else can these idiots come up with?

steve

There are people out there, making a fortune from deniers. They claim that the rest of us are sheep, but the reality is that they are the ones just following, without any evidence, whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

You need a Sat Nag....

I'm sorry, Steamport Southport. I could only give this post a round of applause. I'd also use the "Like", "Agree", and if possible the "Have You Been Spying On Me?" options. My personal SatNag would also include -

"Did we remember the (insert item here)?" (to be used when we're three miles from home)

"There's a space over there." (to be used  when halfway through a reverse park manoeuvre.) 

"Why are we going this way?" (from someone who couldn't find their way out of a telephone box).

"We won't fit through there." (We always do)

"Shouldn't we have turned left there?" (No, we shouldn't)

"Can we just stop on the way for a (insert item here)?" (Do we really have to? No, we don't.)

And not to mention, last of all, the completely missed turning when using Google Maps because the "navigator" has got bored with telling the driver when to turn and is on Facebook rather than keeping an eye on the directions. Not so much SatNag as SatBollocksToIt.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

I'm always disappointed when it says "Bare left"...

My mate once had a sat nav with a celebrity voice - in this case John Cleese.

When it said "bear right............, beaver left", he nearly crashed laughing.

• Funny 6