Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

On the subject of Graffiti. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo but whilst on a Narrow Boat holiday, I spotted a Canal Bridge with:

"JESUS SAVES"

painted on it. Underneath was added

"but Gascoigne scores from the rebound"

• Like 2

Another piece of graffiti, seen in Zurich of all places and in English

"If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us vote"

No picture though.

iD

a bit ironic as Switzerland is one of the few countries with real representative democracy, we have frequent referenda and vote on everything...

• Like 2

On the subject of Graffiti. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo but whilst on a Narrow Boat holiday, I spotted a Canal Bridge with:

"JESUS SAVES"

painted on it. Underneath was added

"but Gascoigne scores from the rebound"

........but Moses invests...

• RMweb Premium

There's another one like it along Coppermill Lane, Walthamstow with a headroom of around 5' 3". It's on a cycle route but you need your chin almost on your crossbar to ride safely beneath without causing a Network Rail bridge-strike incident!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You'll never feel quite so loaded again......

Even with their rampant inflation that's worth about £86,000 at today's rates .....

However with inflation at 5 billion percent per annum (source http://www.xe.com/currency/zwd-zimbabwean-dollar#additionalinfo) the currency was suspended in 2009.

That's my £86,000 cheque down the gurgler, then ;)

Saw this in Ruislip when attending a funeral nearby, so didn't have a camera handy.

....."Ruislip Lido - Overflow Car Park"

I can get you a photo of that, living in the next town. Interestingly, the 'overflow' bit is literally true - the new car park they are planning to build will be at serious risk of flooding, hence the need for the overflow car park!

• Like 1

I can get you a photo of that, living in the next town. Interestingly, the 'overflow' bit is literally true - the new car park they are planning to build will be at serious risk of flooding, hence the need for the overflow car park!

A picture would be great, it was hard to beleive at the time!

Les

I photographed these two week old piglets in our garden yesterday when they had decided it was time to come calling on their neighbours!

Coincidentally, we also had a visit from a couple of coppers but I wouldn't dream of making the obvious connection!

post-10142-0-29533000-1351173515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 10

I photographed these two week old piglets in our garden yesterday when they had decided it was time to come calling on their neighbours!

Coincidentally, we also had a visit from a couple of coppers but I wouldn't dream of making the obvious connection!

.a real case of "Well spotted!"

Doug

• Like 1

I reckon you are telling porkies here

Stewart

• Like 1