RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

On the subject of Graffiti. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo but whilst on a Narrow Boat holiday, I spotted a Canal Bridge with:

"JESUS SAVES"

painted on it. Underneath was added

"but Gascoigne scores from the rebound"

• Like 2

Another piece of graffiti, seen in Zurich of all places and in English

"If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us vote"

No picture though.

iD

a bit ironic as Switzerland is one of the few countries with real representative democracy, we have frequent referenda and vote on everything...

• Like 2

On the subject of Graffiti. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo but whilst on a Narrow Boat holiday, I spotted a Canal Bridge with:

"JESUS SAVES"

painted on it. Underneath was added

"but Gascoigne scores from the rebound"

........but Moses invests...

• RMweb Premium

There's another one like it along Coppermill Lane, Walthamstow with a headroom of around 5' 3". It's on a cycle route but you need your chin almost on your crossbar to ride safely beneath without causing a Network Rail bridge-strike incident!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You'll never feel quite so loaded again......

Even with their rampant inflation that's worth about £86,000 at today's rates .....

However with inflation at 5 billion percent per annum (source http://www.xe.com/currency/zwd-zimbabwean-dollar#additionalinfo) the currency was suspended in 2009.

That's my £86,000 cheque down the gurgler, then ;)

Saw this in Ruislip when attending a funeral nearby, so didn't have a camera handy.

....."Ruislip Lido - Overflow Car Park"

I can get you a photo of that, living in the next town. Interestingly, the 'overflow' bit is literally true - the new car park they are planning to build will be at serious risk of flooding, hence the need for the overflow car park!

• Like 1

I can get you a photo of that, living in the next town. Interestingly, the 'overflow' bit is literally true - the new car park they are planning to build will be at serious risk of flooding, hence the need for the overflow car park!

A picture would be great, it was hard to beleive at the time!

Les

I photographed these two week old piglets in our garden yesterday when they had decided it was time to come calling on their neighbours!

Coincidentally, we also had a visit from a couple of coppers but I wouldn't dream of making the obvious connection!

post-10142-0-29533000-1351173515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 10

I photographed these two week old piglets in our garden yesterday when they had decided it was time to come calling on their neighbours!

Coincidentally, we also had a visit from a couple of coppers but I wouldn't dream of making the obvious connection!

.a real case of "Well spotted!"

Doug

• Like 1

I reckon you are telling porkies here

Stewart

• Like 1