Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The complete shebang..

jbg06003

Excluding the Kestrels, Falcons etc etc of this world?

And why?

I, for one, am sorely tempted by the post TOPS class 06 (has you probably could have guessed) but I suspect that class 55, Kings and A4's may feature ;)

Who will own up then? :D

• RMweb Gold

A whole class? h'mm maybe not- Class 06 would be easy enough I suppose,

I was once tempted to try do all the Inverness allocated 'boilered 37's' fairly manageable, that was in Lima days when they first brought out the 37 & were doing both headcode variants in blue and large logo! - It got as far as 37025 37114, 37260, 261, 262 and 264 in large logo, plus one blue think it was 183 then I gave up, the 37/4s had come in by then and the boiler fleet either isolated or dispersed!

I think these days if doing the far north I'd stick with the period when the 24's had gone and before 37's came in - Heljan 26's all the way! B)

Confession time...

Well I guess back in 1990-ish the two dozen Westerns running at the start of the Summer '76 T/T probably qualifies. These were heavily worked-on Lima, and from memory I had done and was happy with: 1001/9/10/3/5/22/3/8/36/41/8/53/6/8/68/70/1/2. Nameplate supply was a problem, with highest mileage 1005 not being available, or most-faded 1065. By the time I got these plates I'd about shelved the project, but the following had been added as well: 1035/62/67. Then I added the last 11 serviceable Hymeks... Madness.

Now I'm happy to be tackling a cross-section of Haymarket's 1968 allocation, and I'm not telling how this has grown in the last year :O

There was an exhibition stand in the late 70's early 80's that had every A4 in every livery that they had carried, but I can't remember if it was one person or a group

Now that you mention it - I remember seeing that as well. From memory it was the work of one bloke - presumably stored with the help of additional joists to support the weight of a couple cwt of Hornby Dublo :D

I had planned to do every Class 59, building up loco's to do so. Nearly there to have all.

Nearly about to give them my all over conversion ( DCC, prototypical lights, detailing, weathering, sound, fan assited smoke, remote controlled screwlinks ), but changed layout plans.

Will now offload most of them, keeping a few myself, cause they are my fav Class and to use the occasionally on railtours on the other layout.

Have all liveries as well, bar now AI and DBS.

All are Lima as well, no Hornby.

Regards, Michel

There was an exhibition stand in the late 70's early 80's that had every A4 in every livery that they had carried, but I can't remember if it was one person or a group

I never saw this at an exhibition but there was a model shop in Glasgow (long gone) that used to display all of the A4's in various liveries.

jd

The class that does tempt me into such an exercise is the LNER P2, which with two distinctly different body forms and three subdivisions in a class of six locos offers 'no two alike', with the small historical stretch of two of the P2/2s carrying BR mixed traffic black (early crest) and lined Brunswick green (late crest). Now, should those last two be 9MT or 8P/10F?

I remeber a thread called something like ' your most numerous class' or the like. Wasn't there someone there who had a full class of Warships? And another who had all 30 Merchant Navy class. This may be the same person who is intent on having all of the WC/BoBs.

I'm sure I've seen an article where someone (the owner of 'Hanging Hill'?) has not only modelled all the Baby Deltics but done it from scratch.

That's Clive Mortimore, and may well have done them indeed. He's done lots of models from scratch with plastic card, building it all up in layers and shaping the model by sanding and cutting/scribing for details, doors, windows, etc.

Impressive.

Regards, Michel

My former solicitor has every single member of the SR 'Schools' class, & though I don't own one, I got pretty near doing the entire WC/BoB fleet, having started my career building & motorising the airfix kits, & turning out 3 or 4 a week for a couple of years or so. I wrote all the names on the workshop wall, ticking them off like in a spotter's book...laugh.gif

Archived