Roco Z21

Thanks Dutch_Master correct on the model typo!

I've just set up a single track with one isolated section to try to get this to work.

LNCV is set to 0.

As it's a single short section altogether, I'm just powering from the Z21. That should be enough?

I have only plastic rail joiners in the detection section on the same side as the feedback to the 63320.  (The feedback to the Z21 is as per the diagram - back to the 'red' terminal.  When you say swap do you mean I should have the feedback and connection and the isolated part all changed over or just one part of the wiring? 

Any idea how do I reset the 63320 back to factory setting?

thanks for you help

meant to say LNCV = 20. 

meant to say LNCV = 20. 

grr LNCV 0 =20

meant to say LNCV = 20. 

grr LNCV 0 =20

get a grip LNCV 20=0

Hello all,

I am new on this forum.

After having spend a whole frustrating w/end to ge the Z21 (black) working on my test set-up I decided to ask some questions.

May be someone could lead me in the right direction.

Problem;

- First I could connect and control the loco with the Notepad.

- After connecting the TPG router to the network with a cable and running maintenance.exe it did not connect!  Re-booted, etc did try everything, no luck. 

- When I did try again on sunday the wireless connection gave me an error on the z21 ... not in range! 

- Finally I noticed the name of the TPG router had changed!  Eventually I managed to log onto the router wit a completely different IP address and reset the IP to 192.168.0.111 and change the name to z21 again

- Now, when running maintenance.exe still same message that it can not connect!  Ping 192.168.0.111 = OK

- Notepad, connection confirmed but still when running wireless symbol red x

Many thanks in advance

Erwin

What do you mean with "Notepad"? The Z21 app? Or the Win_OS word processing tool? In case of the latter, it's definitely not gonna work! ;)

Key thing is to start from scratch and not to skip steps or do stuff differently due to your local network setup/needs/wisdom.

First, disconnect the whole Z21 setup from your local network. Then, perform a factory reset of both Z21 and the  router coming with it. Connect both using the supplied cable, then switch them on. Now fire up the Z21 app on your mobile, after establishing contact with the Z21 WiFi router. It should connect, if not, check if you really are connected to the Z21 router, not something else! Report back on your experiences.

What he said.

DO NOT connect the Z21 router to your home network, the Z21 is designed to work on its own Wifi network.

Connecting to your home network is for super advanced networking people.

Regards,

John P

Hi all,

Is there any way that the Z21 can work with a Windows tablet ? to control locos & points etc .., the operating system in my tablet is Windows 10.

Many thanks,

Pete

That probably "depends".    If its the windows-mobile software (ie. tablet running same software as phone) then only option is browser control - which may work.

If the tablet is running full Windows-10 (some of the most recent ones do this, as do many of the "convertible" laptops), then the control is the same as through any Windows-PC. 

There is no specific Windows App for Windows mobile devices.   

- Nigel

That probably "depends".    If its the windows-mobile software (ie. tablet running same software as phone) then only option is browser control - which may work.

If the tablet is running full Windows-10 (some of the most recent ones do this, as do many of the "convertible" laptops), then the control is the same as through any Windows-PC. 

- Nigel

Hi, I think my tablet just uses standard Windows 10, so from what you say above - I guess it won't work.

Thanks,

Pete

meant to say LNCV = 20. 

grr LNCV 0 =20

get a grip LNCV 20=0

Just in case anyone is interested.  I set the whole thing up using my iPad and everything worked first time, no issues with multiple sections.  I was using an iPod initially and having tried again setting up the same way ,the iPod just won't work.   I suspect it's because on the iPod, to move from the train control to view the track, the screen switches and maybe this causes the Uhlenbrock to think it's disconnected.  On the iPad of course it's all one screen. Can't think of any other difference.

The Roco WLAN controller (item 10813)  is now showing available from week 49 (week starting 5/12).

A full-page advertisement has appeared on the back page of the November Eisenbahn Kurier; this also says that the controller will be available from December. It also mentions a few features (including the power source: 3xAAA batteries, dry or rechargeable - but doesn't says if recharging can be in situ).

- Nigel

Hi, sorry to bring this up again - but :-

I am keen to buy a Z21 black, I will probably use it with PC software (RocRail) to run my layout fro m my windows computer - i.e. change points/signals on a touch screen monitor & maybe control loco's too. I would also buy 1 or 2  Roco MultiMaus hand held controllers or similar (probably wired) for normal loco running control.

The Z21 web site - under FAQ's -says :-

Can you connect the Z21 with a normal PC or a notebook ?

Yes, that is possible. The connection is established via the LAN interface (network port) on your computer.

• To update the firmware and for the advanced settings on the Z21-Maintenance Tool (see download area), Windows is recommended. Z21-Maintenance can also be used with the support of WINE with MacOS and Linux.

Alternatively, the firmware update can be carried out via the "Z21 updater" app on Android.

If you want to use a PC controller for the automation of your model railway layout, you can use the following programs: 

• TrainController (Windows)
    • iTrain (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
    • Rocrail (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
    • ModellStw (Windows)

I take this to mean that I could have my whole layout on large PC touchscreen monitor (showing RocRail), and use it to change points & signals.

I also see information supporting this on page 13 of the User Manual (pdf).

Can anyone see any issues with what I hope to do above ?

Many thanks,

Pete..

Edited by Pete22

Hi Thanks for quick reply.

But - just thinking -  If I go the PC / windows route, I guess I will miss out on all the nice graphics for setting up cv's, points , etc (not to mention the drivers cab), everything really ! , as all these are presumably contained in the Android App ?

Dear all,

sorry for bothering this issue for a "commercial request".

Could anyone be so kind to give me a hint where I could order a Z21 (black) for a good price?

With my company computer it seems I am a victim of google´s geo blocking features when I lookup from abroad.

Thank You

Jan

Hi all

Have been reading this topic with interest for some time ,but not sure if this has been covered before.

I really want to use my own router with the Z21, so that I have full access to my network on the pc I am using for Traincontroller.

My router is a BT Home Hub 3. I think my terminology is correct in saying it is on a different subnet to the TP-Link one.

To access the Home Hub 3 you put 192.168.1.254 into the browser. (I don't want to replace the "1" with a zero and muck up my existing network)

Any help on if this can be achieved and the correct order of doing things would be appreciated.

Richard