Roco Z21

Thanks Paul, I'll look into these decoders, I'm sure they will work well with fresh power available for each firing .

I have 5 decoders that I would need to change, so to keep cost down I was thinking of using the MERG DCC 4 output decoders (kit 52 from memory), I like the idea of building them, but don't know how easy they will be to programme / address.

I'll let you know how I get on......decisions decisions.

Thanks again,

Peter

Hello

Last week my club SMJ was testing replacing LENZ-center against ROCO Z21 ver 1:28 and a ROCO CDE Boster Adapter (10789).
For output to track and stationary decoders (switches, signals) used existing LENZ boosters LV102.
For connection to the RR & Co. TC, LAN wired connection was used. For connection LZV100 etc normal X-bus in Z21 was used.

Control of the locomotive, its functions as well as changing the number of speed steps, worked well from both LH100 driving controls and TC.
Operation of stationary decoders; the correct turnout/signal was selected, but they were operated to the wrong position, +/- thus became -/+ and vice versa! 
After review of the downloadable utility ver 1:11 it was found that no settings was available to correct it!

What to do? Would changing the sniffer input to the additional X bus possibly, help?

Otto BvL

I wish to transfer all my loco settings from one Android tablet to another.  Export is easy, but on Import the app indicates only layout import. I don't have layout details defined, only the locos.  I have seen some earlier posts on this but the ones I have read seem to be about layouts. 

I did send a couple of emails to Rocco on this but no reply.  I get the impression that they want customers to use their expensive Austrian phone helpline

I would be grateful for any help.  A number of my locos have sound decoders with all the bells and whistles (literately) which would be a pain to manually transfer

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

I wish to transfer all my loco settings from one Android tablet to another.  Export is easy, but on Import the app indicates only layout import. I don't have layout details defined, only the locos.  I have seen some earlier posts on this but the ones I have read seem to be about layouts. 

I did send a couple of emails to Rocco on this but no reply.  I get the impression that they want customers to use their expensive Austrian phone helpline

I would be grateful for any help.  A number of my locos have sound decoders with all the bells and whistles (literately) which would be a pain to manually transfer

Thanks

Layout refers to the locos and any controls screens so it's really all the same thing ;)

When it imports it, it will just ask for a layout name, it's just a file name. A 'Layout' doesn't have to include locos and controls it can be either or both.

Thanks

A bit surprised about your comments on Roco, in my experience they have always answered my emails, firstly with an acknowledgement . then a reply to my question, though admittedly than can go into weeks.

I agree with PaulRhB in his comments on "layouts" plus I have found him and others on this forum to be very helpful on any questions using the Z21.

Edited by brittannia

• RMweb Gold

No problem, just for info I group my stuff by layouts so I have

Lulworth Modern

Lulworth Steam

Large Logo OO

Metropolitan

And for the other layouts,

Harz HOm

Harz G

It just saves scrolling through loads of locos when I connect it to various scales, themes or change era.

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

Layout refers to the locos and any controls screens so it's really all the same thing ;)

When it imports it, it will just ask for a layout name, it's just a file name. A 'Layout' doesn't have to include locos and controls it can be either or both.

Can anyone tell me the maximum number of locos (if there is such a thing) that can be recorded in the Management Record? I think I have read that 100 is the maximum that can be available for use. Presumably the "tick" on the right hand side of the entry means that it is active.

If I am correct, could one have different "active" locos in different "Layouts"?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if the app has a max number apart from the max 9999 addresses available. I've had up to ten different 'layout' files to group mine and i started grouping them after having 20 odd locos in a file. So yes to your last question as I just switch between layouts in settings when I change the stock on Lulworth or swap to the HOm.

Edited by PaulRhB

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone.

A friend of mine has a Z21 & has asked if he can use Tortoise point motors on his layout with it ?

What sort of accessory decoders should he use & how should they be connected to his system ??

I don't know anything about the Roco system myself so I am looking for help in how to advise him ?

Thanks everyone.

Regards.

Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been notified that the Roco Z21 Wireless MultiMaus is available now at Modelbahnshoppe-Lippe for those that have reserved them.  Priced at 99 Euros, even less if you have an account with them.  I have one on reserve which is priced at 89.60 Euros for me so I'm quite tempted to grab one. 

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com

Cheers..Alan 

I've been notified that the Roco Z21 Wireless MultiMaus is available now at Modelbahnshoppe-Lippe for those that have reserved them.  Priced at 99 Euros, even less if you have an account with them.  I have one on reserve which is priced at 89.60 Euros for me so I'm quite tempted to grab one. 

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com

Cheers..Alan 

Grabbed one ...

Cheers .. Alan

Hmmm... Lippe are still showing for pre-order only (I don't have an account, though I have ordered there before). The Roco website seems to have an automatic delivery date postponement routine; it advances one week, every week; now showing week 13.

Hmmm... Lippe are still showing for pre-order only (I don't have an account, though I have ordered there before). The Roco website seems to have an automatic delivery date postponement routine; it advances one week, every week; now showing week 13.

Yes I think pre-orders are about a week before new items become listed for general consumption.  Mine's just arrived so I'll have a play with it tomorrow.  Well worth having an account with them as you also earn loyalty points (on most purchases) and you get better prices.  I just cashed in my 3 euros so the overall price I paid for this was 86 euros. 

Cheers ... Alan

Yes I think pre-orders are about a week before new items become listed for general consumption.  Mine's just arrived so I'll have a play with it tomorrow.  Well worth having an account with them as you also earn loyalty points (on most purchases) and you get better prices.  I just cashed in my 3 euros so the overall price I paid for this was 86 euros. 

Cheers ... Alan

MSLippe, give reservations 5 days to accept the order, therefore knowing how many are left from their allocation. As Alan says , by being having an account has advantages of cheaper prices and also  a 3% loyalty bonus off  your next order, [ no bonus on Piko items]. however you can let your loyalty bonus rollover., plus if you spend 100 euro, postage is  just 1 euro . I am just another satisfied customer of MSL

Edited by brittannia

OK, I've got a WLANMaus now.

Setting it up was pretty easy - I never made changes to the supplied TP-Link router, preferring to keep my Roco WLAN separate from my house WLAN. The WLANMaus works pretty much as expected; if you have used the MultiMaus, you know how to use the WLANMaus. The display has a blue backlight, which works well. The batteries are accessible via a battery cover with one screw; you could not bother with the screw, and the catch holds the cover in alone. I can see the sense in using AAA cells rather than a dedicated in-device rechargeable battery - if the batteries run out in mid-session, they are quickly replaced with new or freshly-recharged ones.

One puzzlement: in the supplied booklet, on the page that explains the display symbols, for the point (sorry: turnout) symbol, "Menu level: Route menu" (German page: "Menüebene: Fahrwege-Menü") is mentioned - but there is no further mention of this anywhere. Does this hint at some sort of route-setting feature? Any ideas?

Yes

You go to track controls and press the + button

Then you can add points, routes, signals, occupancy detectors, etc.

To add a route you simply add the points you heed to the route and then set them appropriately

Regards,

John P

• 1 month later...