westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold

To finish the platelayers hut off, it needed a sawhorse which was used for sawing sleepers on, a spanner for spannering with, and the chimney glueing in place, also a bit of rust and dust here and there.

The sawhorse was made from the usual stirrers cut down and thinned, a spanner was fashioned from a bit of wire, with the end flattened with a pair of Mole Grips and a bit of a notch filed in. The platelayers hut has been plonked in its new home ready for blending in, some pictures bring you uptodate.

What's next I hear you groan, maybe the loading gauge when I can work out a method of making the actual hanging gauge. Thanks for all your comments and clicks all the best Adrian 

post-17489-0-55909000-1412005642_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-97224100-1412005658_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-05855800-1412005693_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-57853100-1412005705_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-54159000-1412005723_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-68664100-1412005750_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-56730900-1412005812_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-11188800-1412005846_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-88013500-1412005868_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-27769800-1412005931_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-90168600-1412005948_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-51733500-1412005970_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-84152200-1412006067_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-70742400-1412006096_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-47895700-1412006181.jpg

• Like 6

To finish the platelayers hut off, it needed a sawhorse which was used for sawing sleepers on, a spanner for spannering with, and the chimney glueing in place, also a bit of rust and dust here and there.

The sawhorse was made from the usual stirrers cut down and thinned, a spanner was fashioned from a bit of wire, with the end flattened with a pair of Mole Grips and a bit of a notch filed in. The platelayers hut has been plonked in its new home ready for blending in, some pictures bring you uptodate.

What's next I hear you groan, maybe the loading gauge when I can work out a method of making the actual hanging gauge. Thanks for all your comments and clicks all the best Adrian 

:O  :O ........ :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Adrian,

The last two pictures, which one is Alan Postlethwaite's?

• Like 3

That was certainly the case last time  .................

It appear's  to some.................Percy Cution,   is to blame................

..............     he was in Court, before  Maggi Straight   ........      :mosking:

Morning Adrian, I have just got my copy of BRM and about to sit down with a nice cup of coffee and read your article.

I never realised the layout had such a nice curvature along the front for the control panel to recess back into.

Some great pics and I'm looking forward to the read.

Well done on the layout and a well deserved article.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning afternoon Adrian, it was really great to chat to you the other day on the phone. You've done it again with your shed, it looks brilliant! Congratulations on getting into BRM, I'll be reading your article this evening.

cheers

Jason

• Like 1

Hi Andy,Jason. I suppose this means that I have got to go out and buy!! a copy and have a read. (suppose i could make one out of coffee stirrers). all the best Adrian.

OH !.............I would have thought...... :scratchhead:

You would have been, sent, the 1st one off the print run............ :drag:

So pleased for you, and all the others who made it to print. and as one of your voters, must say well deserved. Was the family impressed? You need at least two copies, one to keep pristine, and one to thumb through regularly.

And crafty clever usage of Bill Posters as usual :sungum:

I have just been totally "blown away" by spending the last hour catching up with this wonderful thread. I have always liked the Westerham and Hawkhurst lines and to see and follow your progress with this model over the past two years a real privilege. Your modelling sir is outstanding, in the very best traditions of our hobby, thank you very much. I just wish I had a fraction of your patience and dedication.

I shall look forward to the November BRM arriving here in early January...............

• RMweb Gold

As others have said, the article was brilliant, though it could have done with another couple of pages to get more of your wonderful work in. Congratulations on it. I hope you do get hold of a couple of copies, though you are in the very good position of being able to peruse the real thing (if one can call a model that!) whenever you like! For me, it was the realisation that Westerham is only 10' x just over 2' that blew me away. It gives me a high bar to aim for with NE which is almost exactly the same size and a similar amount of track work. Thanks again for the inspiration.

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Smiths in Salisbury haven't got their issues yet  ....    I guess the rain has been slowing the Pack Horses crossing the Plain  .....   

Right jealous of all those who got their's already  .....      :scratchhead:

Hi Julian, so am I. All the best still waiting Adrian.