The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Panic Buying

edcayton

We don't often get panic buying here in Norway.

Firstly, its too expensive.

Secondly, no one can really be bothered!

Incidentally, no one here is talking about the end of the world. Maybe they have other more pressing things to worry about, like who is paying for the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony!

Andy

We don't often get panic buying here in Norway.

Firstly, its too expensive.

Secondly, no one can really be bothered!

Incidentally, no one here is talking about the end of the world. Maybe they have other more pressing things to worry about, like who is paying for the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony!

Andy

That's because Norway IS the end of the world.

The end of the world is here is nigh?

More probable is Hornby announce their new catalogue, then deliver on time with the goods?!?!

This panic-buying thing happens in railway modelling too. First saw it happen when Dave King "retired", and Crownline was stripped bare of loco kits! Quite funny to watch.

I'll tell you what back in 1991 I ran out of fags on Christmas Day and had to wait until my (then) local newsagent opened on Boxing Day morning.

Never again as long as I have me burn thats all that matters to me.

My little contraban drawer in the kitchen has plenty of supplies until well in the new year.

I'll tell you what back in 1991 I ran out of fags on Christmas Day and had to wait until my (then) local newsagent opened on Boxing Day morning.

Around 1995, I did the same thing. Thankfully there was a motorway services about 15 minutes from the house and they were open!

• RMweb Gold

Well at least it will make the high street shops happy. By the way is it just the world ending or the whole universe. Perhaps there is a red cross in the top right corner and some idiot is going to press it.

Don

Archived