Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Hi Lee

That is so awesome with the Tesco carrier bag and the crisp packets, how do you pull them off and make them look so good is an art, you are gifted man!

Regards

Jamie

I think you might find that's been said before. He does have a rational reason.

The title of this thread is ‘How realistic are your models? Photo challenge” Visible toy couplings completely kill the realism!

• RMweb Gold

The title of this thread is ‘How realistic are your models? Photo challenge” Visible toy couplings completely kill the realism!

My apologies. All my stock is fitted with toy couplings. All things considered, I won't post here anymore.

Rob.

My apologies. All my stock is fitted with toy couplings. All things considered, I won't post here anymore.

It's only a bit of bleating. Stay and gambol. Don't become a black sheep.

Humph !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rob.

Don't be so bl**dy daft! "Publish and be damned!"

• Like 1

I take pictures of my stock partly for record keeping purposes or illustrative reasons to go with other articles. Sometimes (not very often) I think that a photo is worthy of entry here, but I always realise after posting that I haven't removed the couplings - a result of not taking the photos with this topic in mind. On a couple of occasions I have re-posed and re-taken the photo with the couplings removed, in a few others I have cheated and photoshopped the couplings out (I declare it when I do this). 

Whichever way I or others go, I don't think it is right to rain on others' parades; this is about encouraging people to post their efforts. If they don't meet one individual's standards, then that's just tough. That individual should move on and leave the rest of us to enjoy the variety.

• Like 2

I take pictures of my stock partly for record keeping purposes or illustrative reasons to go with other articles. Sometimes (not very often) I think that a photo is worthy of entry here, but I always realise after posting that I haven't removed the couplings - a result of not taking the photos with this topic in mind. On a couple of occasions I have re-posed and re-taken the photo with the couplings removed, in a few others I have cheated and photoshopped the couplings out (I declare it when I do this). 

Whichever way I or others go, I don't think it is right to rain on others' parades; this is about encouraging people to post their efforts. If they don't meet one individual's standards, then that's just tough. That individual should move on and leave the rest of us to enjoy the variety.

This thread is about how realistic your models are! Surely there is only one criteria, does the model look like the real thing? Robs picture failed because of the obtrusive, non prototypical, couplings on the van. By posting on this thread one is inviting comments, both positive and negative, so if one is not prepared to be judged why post?

This thread is about how realistic your models are! Surely there is only one criteria, does the model look like the real thing? Robs picture failed because of the obtrusive, non prototypical, couplings on the van. By posting on this thread one is inviting comments, both positive and negative, so if one is not prepared to be judged why post?

I don't think it "failed" at all. The couplings aren't immediately noticeable in the overall effect. By all means comment, but there are ways of offering constructive criticism rather than a purely negative put-down.