Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

The guard's fault.  He could have easily avoided the snatching by rubbing his brake a little, just enough to give enough drag to keep the couplings tight...  Unless of course he had refused to share tea with the driver who is getting his own back.

Trust me, folks, this is representative of prototypical operating!

• Like 1

Trust me, folks, this is representative of prototypical operating!

Too right, it is.

4285484434_6bb9b82836_b.jpgChargeman John Nicholson and de-railed Brake by Arnie Furniss, on Flickr

As it was the Croft branch and the crews had something of a reputation for shunting the depot as quickly as possible so that they could take the short walk to the local booza;

https://goo.gl/maps/eteeFyZx44m

I think the rough ride may have been more about the guard not paying his turn.

are you sure that's all that was under his bed ?

With three sisters to compete with, he led a sheltered childhood. Only Railway Modellers & Model Railway News under his bed: Unlike me who once retrieved a jazz mag from it's secure hiding place only to have a note fall out from between it's pages. It read. " I know what you're up to! Signed, Gran".

E.M. Barrassed

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

post-3088-0-20148000-1491503711_thumb.jpg

The S&DR at Port Bredy,1937

Period scene, period picture

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Too right, it is.

4285484434_6bb9b82836_b.jpgChargeman John Nicholson and de-railed Brake by Arnie Furniss, on Flickr

As it was the Croft branch and the crews had something of a reputation for shunting the depot as quickly as possible so that they could take the short walk to the local booza;

https://goo.gl/maps/eteeFyZx44m

I think the rough ride may have been more about the guard not paying his turn.

With three sisters to compete with, he led a sheltered childhood. Only Railway Modellers & Model Railway News under his bed: Unlike me who once retrieved a jazz mag from it's secure hiding place only to have a note fall out from between it's pages. It read. " I know what you're up to! Signed, Gran".

E.M. Barrassed

Just to be totally nerdy, the yellow thing is one end of a twin jib crane and the grey thing in it is part of the safe load indicator.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Late in its life and still on passenger work a D34 in the bay at Alloa.

attachicon.gifIMG_9064_2.jpeg

That is completely believable, Vital.  The thing that makes it impossible to identify as a model is the sheer depth of the scene; few model railways are that wide.  The feeling of space that many stations had but is so seldom well captured in models is very evident here.  Your D34 is magnificent, but so is the whole thing viewed holistically.  Excellent stuff; wish I could do anything half as good!