Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Downpipe..what downpipe :O !..now frantically searching pics for said offender

Seriously though it may have been intentional but possibly not so rest assured it will be found and sorted.

Dave.

Apologies for not seeing your post earlier,

The down pipe on the box.

post-19606-0-91250500-1490390763.jpeg

• Like 10

Offending down pipe now removed and awaiting replacement before the Perth show.

Still trying to apportion blame but the ScRSG guys are a slippery lot.

D.

I hope there was no dampness caused. Signalmen love their armchairs dry and comfy.
  • Like 1

Brilliant image and the 29 looks superb.

is it a detailed Hornby?..I also have a 29/21 conversion detailed etc but I am hopeful that the long awaited Dapol will arrive this year as promised.

Also love the Gloucester which is very much of the period in Scotland.

What is its origin?..I also have a Gloucester under construction from Worsley Works etches.

How about few more images?

Dave.

Cheers Dave. The Gloucester is an MTK kit with a Narrowed Bachmann 108 chassis (that bit wasn't fun) and the 29 is the Hornby model with a Bachmann 25 chassis. I'm looking forward to seeing yours finished.

Andy

• Like 1

Cheers Dave. The Gloucester is an MTK kit with a Narrowed Bachmann 108 chassis (that bit wasn't fun) and the 29 is the Hornby model with a Bachmann 25 chassis. I'm looking forward to seeing yours finished.

Andy

On the 29 I will probably await the Dapol rather than try to further improve the existing Hornby.

My own one looks ok but its on the original chassis which actually runs quite well but another member of the group has used a Heljan Clayton Cl17

chassis which I believe is exact in wheelbase etc.

The Gloucseter has stalled at the moment due to other more pressing issues but hope to get back on to it again soon.

Attached a pic taken a while back..it has since had the roof gutters fitted and the front correctly profiled.

I also have an unbuilt MTK kit but tbh it looks a bit rough and the amount of work needed to make it presentable looked extensive.

Yours looks good though so apart from the chassis was it straightforward or did you work some magic on the bodyshell as well..I suspect you did.

I preferred to start from scratch with brass etched bodysides from Worsley Works and build on a Bachmann Lightweight chassis.

Lets see some more pics.

Dave.

post-2371-0-78171400-1490565895_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Crock Depot has never looked so good...

I'd be careful what you say. I still get a clip round the lughole when referring to the miniature by its nom de plume even though BR/RCTS got it wrong back in the 1960's when they purloined the W&M railbus on the way to its trials on the Alston branch: to run a railtour down to the depots.

Having spoken to the man whom organised the Croft railtour he told me the one off indicator blind was specially commissioned and he was going to have an "S" added between the E & the P but thought better of it at the time. He didn't know Mr Axlebox back then but said the P would have definitely been added if he knew what he knows now.

He even took this pic at Darlington North Road.

post-508-0-83923300-1490884618.jpg

P

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

A different take....

post-10195-0-75883200-1490889853_thumb.jpg

Didn't mean it to be that different....no idea why it has gone like that?  Another try....despite deleting the anit-grav shot it's still there???

post-10195-0-59570400-1490889667_thumb.jpg

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 5

I'd be careful what you say. I still get a clip round the lughole when referring to the miniature by its nom de plume even though BR/RCTS got it wrong back in the 1960's when they purloined the W&M railbus on the way to its trials on the Alston branch: to run a railtour down to the depots.

Having spoken to the man whom organised the Croft railtour he told me the one off indicator blind was specially commissioned and he was going to have an "S" added between the E & the P but thought better of it at the time. He didn't know Mr Axlebox back then but said the P would have definitely been added if he knew what he knows now.

He even took this pic at Darlington North Road.

attachicon.gifW-M_RlbusMudelin-003-Sm.jpg

P

...thank god I don't hold grudges...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMHFZ8t7xaM

• RMweb Gold

Sunday 2nd April 1959.

A quiet afternoon at Sheep Lane.

Rob

post-14122-0-50566800-1491148029_thumb.jpg

• Like 18