Cardiff Canton, The second coming

steve fay

Another question Steve,who does the lamps on the coaling stage.

My Dad!! There rivets he drilled out and put a grain of wheat bulb in.

although I've just found these;post-5983-0-62440400-1368723146.jpg

36 Elwyndene Road, March, PE15 9BL

Tel: 01354 652302, Mob: 07769 621620

Email: info@layouts4u.net

This is the supplier £5 a pair, I'm going to use these on the telegraph poles and above each road of the shed.

• Like 2

post-5983-0-06527000-1369143985_thumb.jpg

A little more done on the bridge today, That will be it now for the show as I need to complete the fiddle board and make a cassette. I still need to put the fencing on the bridge and once it's firmly in place the steps need constructing. Ive drawn it all out and I'm not looking forward to that bit. Still I've fitted a lot of real stair cases so a model shouldn't be to much of a problem. Umm well I hope.

• Like 7

Really good Steve.In fact the only detail I don't like is the double chimney on the King. ;)

Are I have a use for the disagree button. I really like the double chimneys on the kings and castles Oh and counties.

The problem with GWR double chimneys, and streamlining etc is that they often looked like an afterthought...just stuck on. " Oh it needs a double chimney, hey, that one will do...."

The LNER and LMS ones, on the other hand, looked designed.

IMHO.

Don't no about that, I think the castle and king double chimneys are in proportion. I think an A4 looks much better with a double chimney the single seems out of proportion. I think the duchess looks much better with a double chimney too.

There are a lot of GWR fans who just do not like the BR modifications me on the other hand I do.

post-5983-0-07163700-1369922627_thumb.jpgpost-5983-0-63196600-1369922646_thumb.jpgpost-5983-0-90430800-1369922667_thumb.jpg

well here's where we are, I've had a test run today and whilst there's some little niggles, more of a case of trying to make do until I get a bit further along its running well. The shed is here its not 100% but its nearly there. Fencing arrived from slaters this morning so the bridge is nearly done.

Setting up tomorrow, then the show opens at 10 AM Saturday, if there's any rmwebers coming please say hello.

Fingers crossed.

Steve

• Like 5

First day of the show done, I've had some really great comments and to get praise from people who remember and worked at Canton has made it a very worth while project.

I've met a few fellow Rmwebers and it was great to put faces to names.

I've had enquiries to display at a few other shows so it looks like Canton will be doing the rounds mainly in the South Wales area for the foreseeable future.

I'm going to remember my camera tomorrow so a few pics will follow.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

First day of the show done, I've had some really great comments and to get praise from people who remember and worked at Canton has made it a very worth while project.

I've met a few fellow Rmwebers and it was great to put faces to names.

I've had enquiries to display at a few other shows so it looks like Canton will be doing the rounds mainly in the South Wales area for the foreseeable future.

I'm going to remember my camera tomorrow so a few pics will follow.

Nice to see it 'in the flesh' Steve - and to admire Ozzyo's handiwork at close quarters.

• Like 1

post-5983-0-58956000-1370196491_thumb.jpg

Well I forget the camera again, so will have to do with the phone shot.

I've learnt some things this weekend. The first is the legs I've made whilst they do the job it's a bit of a tight squeeze fitting everything in the car. So I'm going back to the drawing board on them. I still have one more 2 foot square board and a set of legs to build and that's going to be to much to fit in.

I'm really happy with the comments I've had this week end and I've got some bookings for Canton

I've picked up some lights so that's this weeks project.

• Like 5