Cardiff Canton, The second coming

steve fay

Great day at Telford yesterday, I didn't spend a lot because of a certain 4 wheel red thing stuck in the garage. Still I've picked up my signal thanks to Jon, I've got a dummy point lever for the point by the coaling stage and some point rodding stools for along the back of the layout. Now a question for those of you in the signalling No , What are the spacing distances between the point stools?

Off to work now, I no on a Sunday and I'm self employed!!! But I'm going to pick up some hard board for the back scene so that's a plus.

Pictures soon.

Andy TTG what did you succumb to after of the steam variety????

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

Good to see you yesterday, nice brown cardboard box under your arm the last time I caught up with you. Looking forward to seeing the contents installed.  

I did succumb to the smell of steam and went for this. Yours looked so good simmering away on shed at Canton I had to have similar. Mine will be Vulcan. Sound fitted as well of course.

http://www.djhmodelloco.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=3683

• Like 2

The plan is to collect it at the Reading Traders show so beginning of December.

As for the sound, not sure whose sound it is in there but it is a ESU XL decoder so I'm happy with that. I can sort out the sound so not too bad.

Will definitely bring it over to Canton along with the camera. Don't forget to let me know when your other visitor is due so I can bring the camera, tripod etc over.  Good to hear you have new lighting.

As for layout thread, there is one lurking some place on here but not been near it in a while. Must update it.

Canton is booked in to the New Newport O gauge show next April and then the Newport Neon model show in may 2014 after that time I will probably put the layout up for sale.
I'm working on my railway room ready for my next major project Ranelagh Bridge, a small American N scale layout and possibly a 90's era sectorisation stabling point in O. Yes I know a triple decker layout set up. ( heljans fault for bringing out a 60 ) and I will not have the room to store canton as well.

I'm just trying to find out if there would be any interest in this layout. It is 6X2 with two extra boards for cassettes 10x2 in total. I've had interest in the layout being booked for next years Lord and Butler show in Cardiff. The Cardiff model railway show, so if any one would be interested and did want to take it on the exhibition circuit then it has had interest. Plus the 2015 Newport shows.
Of course none of the locos or stock are included.
Before then I've got to add dummy point rodding along the back of the layout behind the shed up to the foot bridge. Add a new ladder for the walk way on the coaling stage, a dummy point lever to stick in place, finish adding the dummy lamps
and wire up the telegraph poles, Along with a few other bits and bobs.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 2

post-5983-0-32323500-1379410278_thumb.jpg

I've temporarily screwed the white hard board back scene in place, the signal definitely fills a hole at the back of the board. I must say a big thanks to Jon Fitness you have done a superb job on this build.

That reminds me I need to get a small dummy ground signal to go along side it.

You can see the dummy point rodding stools set out along the back, I think it's the little details like this that bring a layout to life.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 7

It was good to see you all. Maybe we can get so much work done, because you don't drink tea? 

It may also be that we all like what we're working on?

Or is it we will just get on with the job, 8 hours on the Sat (sorry I was late) then a good 5 hours on the Sun. 

Then it's all mates working together (that may also help).

Speak soon,

OzzyO.

PS. think what Ted has to do.???????????????????????????????? All of them windows and doors.

PPS. A lot of the work that has been done on the main station buildings has been done by a small gang. Over approx. Three years!

Edit for a spelling error.

Edited by ozzyo
  • Like 1

The canopies under construction and temporarily in place. Next weekend is the 10th anniversary since Leamington was started and we wanted to get as much done on the station as we could. post-5983-0-65739500-1379939460_thumb.jpg

Ted is responsible for doing all the doors and windows, a big job to say the least.

Back to Canton, I've just ordered a dummy ground signal.

• Like 8