RMWeb Members Day at Taunton, 2013- full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

I only had chance to grab a few snaps at the end of the day and sadly too late for St. Juliot as Maurice had started the intricate packing procudures. The pics got less and less as I scooted around the hall and by I got back to the other modules it was too late. :(

Arthur1s.jpg

Arthur2s.jpg

BCBB1s.jpg

BCBB2s.jpg

BCBB3s.jpg

Bridport1s.jpg

Bridport2s.jpg

Bridport3s.jpg

Mos1s.jpg

Paynestown1s.jpg

Sturminster2s.jpg

Taw2s.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Damn and blast it , I had several good ones lined up , like you dont have to stand up to do that .    :jester:

I make a fool of myself in class on a daily, if not hourly, basis! Expanding it into my hobby seemed like a logical step!  :king:

• RMweb Premium

Did anyone get a picture of Neil's shirt? I think I went temporarily blind when he first walked in with it :jester:

I did hear him make some comment about having the matching trousers :scared: 

Adrian

I didn't take many photos (too busy chatting and playing) but I'll leave you with a picture of the man of the weekend, enjoying himself on the WSR:

attachicon.gifTim_Window.jpg

So where do you get a shirt that has a combined tie and camera holder attachment?  (Don't say Matalan).

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all!

Well, my thanks to everyone who has said such nice things about yesterday, and indeed the weekend in general. It was fun, wasn't it?!

Got home in a state of near-full bio collapse last night, so it was an early night after emptying the car and sorting out a few things. CTMK was even more knackered, so crashed out even earlier! I've been back at work today, too! (wish I hadn't!!)

It all worked so well, thanks to everyone who helped, so here are some of those that did (list not in any specific order, and no one intentionally left out);

- Maddy, Michelle and Nadine - for their sterling work in the kitchens, yet again!

- Mike (Mr Pugsley Senior) - for his sterling assistance, also in the kitchens (nothing to do with the proximity to pasties, I've been assured...!)

- Simon Howard (Mr.S. Corn78) - for washing up 'above and beyond'

- Stu Hilton / Stubby for organising the modular layout and all the technical hassle that went with that!

- Stu /Stubby again, and Mike / Sidecar Racer for picking up Peter Bedding's module from Dorset, and thanks to Peter for the donation of said module to the group!

- Stu / Cornishexile - for donating books to the auction

- Chris Trerise of Kernow Model Rail Centre - for generous donation of models to the auction

- John Farmer / Re6/6 - for donating some of his superb trees to the auction

- Brian / Mozzer - for donating a voucher for modelmaking services to the auction

- everyone who turned out at 0730 on the Sunday morning to help set up, and particularly Brian/Taz, Nick/Brinkly, Andy Y and Harry, Matt/slow8dirty and Phil (mention should particularly be made of Taz and Brinkly who drove back to their respective homes in South Devon after the meal in Bishops Lydeard on the Saturday night, only to turn up at Staplegrove for 0730 on the Sunday morning!). Most of the above, plus others, also helped put it all away again at the end of the day, when we were all knackered!

- Dave White for his photography

- Andy Y for being Our Dear Benefactor and arranging some of the other auction prizes in conjunction with Warners

- Neil Rushby for designing the pasty token (and yes, Mr Baby Deltic, you'll get charged double next year for slipping away with restricted currency this time!!!)

- Warners for funding the hall hire and insurance

- everyone who brought a layout and/or a demo and/or a trade stand

- Neil / Blackrat for providing a standby source of illumination!!

- anyone else who helped out in any way that has slipped through my net (for which I apologise)

- and finally - everyone else who turned up at the event!

I'll put my own photos up tomorrow, hopefully, and will also make an announcement regarding the overall donation that we will make to The Railway Children, but I can confirm that the catering did make a profit, 100% of which goes to the charity, and then there is the money that has been generated by the auctions, which will certainly provide a decent boost to the final amount.

The next Taunton Members Day will be at the same venue on Sunday 27th April 2014 (the weekend after Easter!).

Good night!

Edit - remembered more people to thank!

• RMweb Premium

the Captain has been told by those fortunate to attend the Saturday event that he has indeed to raise the bar for next year!!!!

Does that mean our vertically-challenged members will be provided with step-stools for ordering?

Looks like a superb day / days had by all.  I fully intend to return but probably not until 2015 I'm afraid.  Though that does give me time to think about a world-wide module or some other form of transportable display .........  ;)

Archived