''New'' 4mm Bufferstops ''New''

davefrk

Aren't there just buffer stops at the bottom...

Dave.

Thought you were referring to the Windsor/Parton issue for a minute!

But measuring up and making the masters might appeal to a certain sort of man.....

You'll need a bigger set of vernier calipers Ian.

This is getting out of hand!

How would you ever hold them up!

Keep it clean boys otherwise the PC Elves will come and get you while your'e asleep!

What about big double knockers. (That's what they are at the end of the day)(.

Dave, just how badly would us N gauge modellers have to beg for you to consider doing your wonderful buffers in 1:148 scale? There is almost no one making anything for N at all, and certainly nothing that even approaches what you've done here.

Did the Stockton and Darlington have their own standard buffer stop?...not sure if that's a question or a guess...or both?

Actually, I haven't a Scooby....

Sorry, what I meant was - I don't know.

Dave.

Dave, just how badly would us N gauge modellers have to beg for you to consider doing your wonderful buffers in 1:148 scale? There is almost no one making anything for N at all, and certainly nothing that even approaches what you've done here.

Hi Vanders, are you asking for stops or wagon buffers? :scratchhead:

Dave.

Hi all, well, I'm just going into the workshop to try the new mould, if it works okay we'll have a new buffer stop out tonight. As far as the guesses are concerned one person guessed spot on, most of you will be disappointed I'm sure but a few will be delighted. The buffer stop program is slightly fluid as in - I was going to do stops in batches with a group of say GWR or LNER but with all the clammering I've decided to mix them all up so as to keep as many of you happy as possible. This means that the eventual list will be quite mixed up but hey ho. A GW one next to a LNWR one next to a NBR one or maybe a SR group one and so on. Does that met with approval? 

Wish me luck,

Dave Franks

Dave,

It sounds like an approach to getting a variety of buffer stops out.

However if you get a decent number of orders for one type will that not be a waste of time and electricity spinning a mould from which you only want one or two types?

Your idea would also depend on the life of a mould.

Gordon A

Bristol

Dave,

It sounds like an approach to getting a variety of buffer stops out.

However if you get a decent number of orders for one type will that not be a waste of time and electricity spinning a mould from which you only want one or two types?

Your idea would also depend on the life of a mould.

Gordon A

Bristol

No worries about that Gordon, one buffer stop - one mould, I also put in a few of the popular buffers, vac pipes, private commissions etc. so very little space is wasted.

Dave.

Well, today I cast and trial built the latest buffer stop, just the photos to take, camera battery is needing charged. Isn't it just like the thing.....

Oh well, Ben Alder will just have to be patient a little longer....

Dave Franks

Archived