''New'' 4mm Bufferstops ''New''

davefrk

Sorry Paul but no typo I'm afraid. Soon though.

Oooo Rah...... Yes Ian, Oooo Rah indeed.

Dave

Ian??? :O

I'm hurt Dave, I proudly use the proper spelling. No Anglicized nonsense for me  :lol:

Hi Hugh, those stops look as though they are made up from bits as there is a similar one at SRPS Bo-ness but with detail differences, interesting. That's one I would like to do later.

Working on the next buffer stop which should be released at EXPO EM North, all I'll say is - it's from the area.

All the best,

Dave @ LMS

Oooo...

LNWR maybe? Or is it a CLC one...

Anymore naughties in the pipeline mind?

I'll be emailing one an order for collection in sunny [???] Davyhulme later ;)

Ian??? :O

I'm hurt Dave, I proudly use the proper spelling. No Anglicized nonsense for me  :lol:

Oooo...

LNWR maybe? Or is it a CLC one...

Anymore naughties in the pipeline mind?

I'll be emailing one an order for collection in sunny [???] Davyhulme later ;)

Hi Iain, very sorry, my excuse could be that I've been communicating with that other Kirk, he of the Gresley coach kits from long ago...

As regards buffer stops,  I suppose I better put you all out of your misery. With a bit of luck I should have an LNWR buffer stop for sale next week, I had hoped to get the GWR one done as well but with one thing and another (including ill health and some more doctors appointments it has been delayed till after EXPO.

So, just to finish off the buffer beams and then make the mould over the weekend then casting on Monday or Tuesday and we should have buffer stop number eleven.

See you at EXPO.

Dave Franks.

Got your email Iain.

The LNWR stops are test built, cast and packaged. I've already had pre-orders for them so not so many available at the show, first come first served. More will be done next week and will be on the website.

For now here's a wee taster.

post-10324-0-39954700-1378990108_thumb.jpg

post-10324-0-95391700-1378990144.jpg

These stops were of riveted construction and originally would have a timber bufferbeam, I will do that one later as it needs some thinking about, the beam has the two vertical rails slotted into it....

Also newly available is the North British Railway 'Ordinary' buffer stop.

post-10324-0-92336800-1378990371.jpg

post-10324-0-31744700-1378990394.jpg

See you all at EXPO.

Dave Franks

Dave

Those look fantastic! I don't men to be pushy but how far down the production list are the GWR ones?

regards

Mike

Next Mike, next..... I was hoping to have the first of the GWR ones ready for this weekend but things conspired against me sorry.

Dave.

Dave,

many thanks for the LNWR buffer stops. I opened the packet on getting home from ExpoEM North and was delighted with them - like opening a really good Christmas present. Not only are the stops themselves beautifully made but the instructions and packaging are done with real care and professionalism. We are really fortunate to have such excellent "small" suppliers as yourself and the many others I could mention.

As I said, I cannot imagine using them for a long time, so I feel a little guilty having them in my to-do stash and I hope I have not deprived other LNWR modellers who need them more urgently. No doubt you will be happy to cast a few more if there is demand! 

Ian

P.S. And the hydraulic buffers as at Lime Street? :triniti:

Hi there,

well rested after a short break away from the business of casting buffers and stops and then having to play catchup with the orders, it might have been better not to have had a break at all!!!

Anyway, more L&NWR buffer stops have been cast and are now up on the website, you people seem to like them with only two left after EXPO EM North.

I've had a few requests for the earlier timber beam version. These are planned but the brackets are quite different to the replacement rail beam version so some more pattern making will need to be done. 'Trying to get it all right' you know.

But first will be some GWR stops then some LNER then some.... etc.etc.

Thanks for all the dribbling.

All the best,

Dave Franks

• RMweb Premium

[quote name="davefrk" post="1166965" timestamp="1379774647"

'Trying to get it all right' you know.

But first will be some GWR stops then some LNER then some.... etc.etc.

Thanks for all the dribbling.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Hurrah, the first of the GW stops are on the horizon

• 2 weeks later...

Without wanting to start company wars :no: - they all are excellent- here is a HR stop. Can't praise it enough- lovely crisp castings and one of these seemingly "little"products that immediately help place a scene as being of an actual location. Many thanks for all your efforts, Dave.

post-2642-0-55074500-1381101709_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi People, first I must apologise for the lack of progress with the new products. After EXPO North and a wee holiday I had a rush job to do for a chap who had just bought a range of 7mm loco kits and was let down by the original caster of these kits, so with only a few weeks notice before the booked show debut I had to modify some old mould plates to fit these larger 7mm moulds and balance the moulds for my casting machine. The moulds required a certain amount of 'fine tuning' to produce decent castings but, I'm told, the end result was worth the extra effort. 

Then with a recurrence of health issues it was difficult to sit at the workbench for too long so not much has progressed however, things are looking up now so lets get some work done....

I must also thank Andy Y and Ben Alder for the cracking photos and the posters above for their reports, I'm just happy to be of service and it's so nice to be appreciated. :thankyou:

Thanks,

Dave Franks

• 4 weeks later...

Archived