Midland Railex 2013 August 17th & 18th

EE 8SVT

Latest news for anyone interested in the former Modelzone limited editions, two of these will be on sale at the Midland Railex this weekend on  the Invicta Models stand.

Invicta Modela are located at stand B27 in the Diesel Shed building at Swanwick

32-425W Bachmann Class 24 RTC Blue RDB968997  £92.99

32-425V Bachmann Class 24 BR Green Livery D5000 £84.99

Steve

Railex Team

post-12870-0-84906600-1376485063_thumb.jpg

post-12870-0-61736200-1376485095_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Pmshayt1%20-3.gif   EDM Models / www.ngtrains.com  will be at Midland Railex this weekend. We're stand is No C43 Narrow Gauge Shed do come and see us.

We had hoped to have an early sample of the new Ixion Fowler Diesel but it won't be here in time

post-2660-0-78069000-1376497872.jpg

We will have a selection of the Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0's for sale and would be happy to discuss DCC, sound and weathering for them

post-2660-0-44732000-1376498315_thumb.jpg    post-2660-0-66986400-1376498006.jpg  

We have also now acquired the last of the 0n30 Coffee Pots. We'll have some of the Type 1's with us and will happily take orders for the last of the Type 2's which are now on their way from Australia,

We can do these with DCC or DCC and Sound

post-2660-0-88249000-1376497700.jpg

There will be all sorts of other goodies like our Linda/Blanche/Charles kits or our latest kit for Double Fairlie Merddin Emrys

post-2660-0-38837600-1376498673_thumb.jpgpost-2660-0-61094800-1376498687.jpg

See you at the weekend

• RMweb Gold

its getting close to the time to start getting BANBURY ready for the trip North.

Last night the ipods (wi throttle controllers) went on charge and all the bits needed put into one place in the living room  with the layout in the garage ready for loading tomorrow night.

We arrive Saturday to set up.

really looking forward to this weekend.

Ian

Hi to everyone,

This will probably be my last post RE: Railex, for the next few days, as I will be driving up to Butterley in the next half hour.

Car is now doing an impression of a Ford Transit, rather than a Fiesta, with all the Show Guides loaded!

Look forward to meeting and having a chat, with all the Traders, Exhibitors and Visitors of course.

This weekend promises to be a great weekend, so if you can make either day, I am sure you will find something of interest.

Car Parking at Butterley is free and Marshall's will be on hand to assist and direct you, if you can car share, please do so, as this will help, we have 650 spaces available.

If you  want details on how to find Butterley Station , or on the available  Public Transport options, visit WWW.midlandrailex.co.uk or look further up this thread.

The Midland Railway Trust and the Railex Team, look forward to welcoming all visitors, over the weekend.

Cheers for now.

Steve

Midland Railex Team

as a regular working member at the railway, i can report that the area has its own "micro climate" so as we all know, it will be bright and sunny for the two days :)

Good luck Steve and the crew, i am missing this years event as an exhibitor, but if you look for a big bloke by 37190, you just might find me on Sunday.

Gary

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. I can report that the sun is shining, palm trees swaying and waves gently lapping on to the beach...no hang on, that's the picture on the hotel wall.

Looking out of the window it looks slightly overcast but there's no rain, fog, high winds or snow...

Be sure to come and see Subbies caravans on Diesels in the Duchy.

With too little time to get organised for a visit on Saturday, after a busy week at work, I've "bravely" delayed my visit until Sunday.

This gives me the opportunity to prepare myself for tomorrow by asking any of today's paying visitors (not exhibitors or organisers please) what experience they've had of the parking arrangements, and what time they arrived. So was it a doddle or a nightmare?

With too little time to get organised for a visit on Saturday, after a busy week at work, I've "bravely" delayed my visit until Sunday.

This gives me the opportunity to prepare myself for tomorrow by asking any of today's paying visitors (not exhibitors or organisers please) what experience they've had of the parking arrangements, and what time they arrived. So was it a doddle or a nightmare?

Just returned from the show, parked no problems encountered very well stewarded although I must say that the attendance appeared to be quite a bit down on last year, has the weather put people off or the scare story of possible parking problems had an affect?

Hi

Arrived 10.15. Main carpark full but guided to overspill across the road. Loads of parking stewards so no problem.

Had a cracking day. DITD was the standout layout for me - simply superb!

Enjoy your visit tomorrow.

Sam

• RMweb Gold

We arrived at our overnight stop last night. Went to move the car and it wouldnt start. I had fears that we werent going to make the show and would be taking the car with Banbury back home on a recovery vehicle.

Luckily the car did start this morning without assistance and we are now here and had a good day today.

post-1557-0-03237900-1376758489_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Well that turned out rather well.......

Yesterday all was looking a bit grim - bad leg playing up, everything taking longer to do, car taking forever to load and a major attach of CBA getting in the way - it was looking like we weren't going to make it. Smart move was to give up on any idea of arriving to set up on Friday evening. Things immediately became a lot more leisurely.

Arrived in good time this morning at the Narrow Gauge shed and were welcomed with a brew and help unloading.

All set up on time and ready for customers.

post-2660-0-50745400-1376760520.jpg

(had to wait for a quiet moment to leave the stand and take the picture)

Day 1 has been an OK day. Seen plenty of familiar faces and relieved a few of them of some cash they'd would only have wasted on something else.

I think today was a bit quieter than last year but I don't know if it was because of fears from last years parking worries or the Weathermans threat of it supposedly tipping it down today (it didn't). 

Finished the day off with a staff trip on the Narrow Gauge Railway. Didn't stay for the other entertainments as the wonky leg was hinting big tiome that it had done enough for the day

Hopefully I'll see a lot more of you tomorrow - even the weatherbloke says its a good day to come

Archived