Our gorgeous Silverlink colours are proudly staying Rich! We're even going bigger on that in terms of layout presentation ready for DEMU Showcase ;)

As it's a club layout it's always been the intention for the layout timescales to be fairly generic just "Modern London" to cater for our wide variety of stock and interests but with a few irresistible nods to signature 2000s London elements!

Loftus Road & Deadman's Lane both in one place... Looks like a trip to Burton is required again this year.

Look forward to seeing both for the 1st time, must say the photos look superb. Cracking work by all involved!

Wild Boar Fell

• RMweb Premium

Superb work on the 'Boris Bikes' (or are they now Sadiq Cycles?) When I first saw the photo I thought it was a photo of the real thing

Edited by blackpete

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing all the changes at Rotarail on Saturday 22.

Chris

Come and say hello to us, Chris - we are a friendly bunch and we're happy to answer any questions you may have (as long as we've had our early morning bacon butties).

Be especially nice to Pete as he will not have recovered from Monday's celebrations at The Amex...UTA!!!

Edited by Harry Lime

Come and say hello to us, Chris - we are a friendly bunch and we're happy to answer any questions you may have (as long as we've had our early morning bacon butties).

Be especially nice to Pete as he will not have recovered from Monday's celebrations at The Amex...UTA!!!

Thanks Chris - things have calmed down a bit now so should back to normal for set up on Friday afternoon - but it might be a different kettle of fish come Saturday morning though.

I'm coming along to cause some havoc Chris......Pete said I can crash drive some trains.....in between us both celebrating promotion :danced:  :danced:  :danced: ...... SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA WEED!! (It's a football thing :laugh: )

How could I forget the formidable Fratton Park followers...now where are those chimes....

• RMweb Premium

Just back from a great day out at the Fareham Rotarail with Worthing MRC's Loftus Road, good to meet fellow RMWebbers again too!

post-6896-0-98905700-1492888625_thumb.jpg

(Photo courtesy of WMRC gangmember Mark Butcher!)

Highlight of the day for me was seeing this dream bargain below, a battered old unboxed 1990s Hornby Class 92 for a whopping £60! :O

post-6896-0-72278300-1492888366_thumb.jpg

Tempting to start gathering together the old broken '92' spares and try selling them on for fortune..!

Next stop DEMU Showcase in June - not long now! :)

• Like 7

Guest eddie reffin

Just spent the last half hour going through the thread. Mind blowing, some of the modelling going on here. Absolutely love the layout. superb stuff guys. 

• Like 1

Our gorgeous Silverlink colours are proudly staying Rich! We're even going bigger on that in terms of layout presentation ready for DEMU Showcase ;)

As it's a club layout it's always been the intention for the layout timescales to be fairly generic just "Modern London" to cater for our wide variety of stock and interests but with a few irresistible nods to signature 2000s London elements!

Though interesting to see that you stuck with Barclays for the 'Boris Bikes' rather than Satander(!)

• RMweb Premium

Though interesting to see that you stuck with Barclays for the 'Boris Bikes' rather than Satander(!)

The scary truth is that when I'd first planned to do the Boris Bikes, they were still sponsored by Barclays, so it made sense to stick with my vision of the baby blue colour scheme rather than go for the new Santander red! We're still discussing cameo scene ideas that may take years to come to fruition, and I know from my personal rolling stock perspective that there's normally a 3-4 year gestation period between me buying a loco/wagon and actually starting work on rebuilding it!!

Cheers,

James

• Like 1

Great stuff as always James. The 68s look right at home there - I keep thinking about getting one but don't think they've ventured as far south as Sevenoaks yet! Whether they will or not I'm not sure, I do see some DRS 37s at SEV occasionally.

• Like 1

I've been getting some stick from the lads lately that my layout pics always seem to magically include just my own trains, so to redress the balance, I set the tripod up and shot a selection of Mark and Pete's, albeit some of them being dangerously modern for my own tastes..!

Superb work, James!

Great stuff as always James. The 68s look right at home there - I keep thinking about getting one but don't think they've ventured as far south as Sevenoaks yet! Whether they will or not I'm not sure, I do see some DRS 37s at SEV occasionally.

Au contraire! Here's 68018 at Eynsford on its way back from Canterbury West last July (not my photo):

27873249273_7a3ded7909_b.jpgA day of firsts. by Rob Barton, on Flickr

Ed

Edited by South-East Rail
  • Like 5

Superb work, James!

Au contraire! Here's 68018 at Eynsford on its way back from Canterbury West last July (not my photo):

27873249273_7a3ded7909_b.jpgA day of firsts. by Rob Barton, on Flickr

Ed

Ha ha thanks Ed, now I'm going to have to get one aren't I! :rolleyes:  It'll have to go on the ever increasing list with everything else though! Very interesting pic as well, I wonder what rail tour that was?

• RMweb Gold

For anyone that's looking for inspiration (and I know it's not just James behind Loftus Road), have a look through James' Flickr account. If that doesn't want to make you want to up your game......nothing will! 

Edited by scoobyra

For anyone that's looking for inspiration (and I know it's not just James behind Loftus Road), have a look through James' Flickr account. If that doesn't want to make you want to up your game......nothing will!

Link please Edited by D9JEF

• 3 weeks later...