RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Neither would I Colin.

Now get yer peepers around this curvy beauty........post-2326-0-38224500-1434724143_thumb.jpg

Spams.....control yerself lad.

I had to give it a damn good rubbing to get the porous white metal look (bit like wot Jenny is doing to that armour arm) and  although I had great satisfaction,  I still think the off the shelf version from the Red Box Co would look a lot better (and yes I know it hasn't got bogies yet!)

You may all have a littler giggle in that I didn't read the instructions correctly( like my mate TW, except he doesn't read them at all he tells me) and consequently fitted some bits before other bits and had to unsollder the first fitted bits. Lesson learned is that one must always put in one's bits  in the correct order otherwise something won't fit as it should. 

Ar*e.

Edit: it now has bogies that can be seen elsewhere as this is a GWR thread for sensible modellers that don't need 'Kitbuilding' posts interfering with their pleasure.

Ar*e.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

I for one would NEVER, EVER change my profile picture to a gratuitously titilating photograph of a young woman just to court popularity

There's always time to change your mind ! :)

post-20303-0-27287200-1434735455.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Right, back on topic.....what could be run as a Solstice special, any thoughts ?

Looking for inspiration I found myself to Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. The two characters with some relevance seem to be Robin Starveling, and Fairy. On that basis unless our hero wants to go without his dinner to run trains all night for our benefit, how about Fairy Battle thundering through Brent with a Summer Special, with the new building in the background

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

On opening the parcel and carefully unwrapping the bubbles we have this.

A gents screen especially for Stubby.Signs a plenty to be hung from the rafters of the awning.

post-126-0-80038500-1434736964_thumb.jpg

Station building, branch side.

post-126-0-15974700-1434737019_thumb.jpg

Mainline.

post-126-0-33838400-1434737066_thumb.jpg

Roof, I've got to make a good job of painting it as it will be seen the most.

post-126-0-15694200-1434737100_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-68149300-1434737171_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I know I'm a bit late to this, but Colin missed it and I couldn't resist...

Lesson learned is that one must always put in one's bits  in the correct order otherwise something won't fit as it should. 

Ar*e.

So what you're saying is, you should get all your ducks in a row...

Sorry.

BTW Rob, the station looks great, that canopy is going to be awesome.

Al.

• RMweb Premium

Bet your chuffed with that building Rob. I wonder if I shall ever get around to needing a station building or two? If so I shall be inspired by such work.

P

P.S acg mr ....I have tried to get them sorted. post-2326-0-80493100-1434740932.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes I'm well pleased with it and you know me I couldn't wait to try it on the platform. All Sierd's drawings paid off.

Somewhere for the sisters to retreat to on a cold winters day.

post-126-0-83832700-1434741159_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-73867500-1434741188_thumb.jpg

More anon.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

A few more photos and I'll take some with trains in over the weekend plus I'll make a start on detailing and painting it.As I said previously I'm going to use Slaters valencing for this plus Scalescenes for the interior.

post-126-0-13395900-1434747949_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-67682900-1434747968.jpg

post-126-0-15993700-1434748008_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Such good modelling, I want to toss all my stuff in the bin!  Trouble is, I could never hope to emulate the quality of detail on this layout.  Superquick was about my limit!

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Splendid bit of modelling.....very inspirational.

Almost a pity to paint it but can't wait to see it in the house colours.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Splendid bit of modelling.....very inspirational.

Almost a pity to paint it but can't wait to see it in the house colours.

Rob[/quote

Thanks for everyone's support but as my house is painted a sort of garter blue we might have some funny looks if I paint it that !