A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Looks like it's going to be an expensive bumper & vintage year for Swindon disciples what with the 14xx, Hatton's King and the imminent arrival of the balance of the Collett coaches. Is there any chance Oxford Rail's Dean Goods could sneak into 2016 as well? I'd also give the Bachmann 94xx as arriving this year but I think I'd need sectioning!

CoY

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Fortunately I have no need of a 47XX although I await developments on the Hattons 'King'; I keep telling myself I don't need a 14XX (and will continue to do so but i wonder if a 58XX might be a different story, oops); I await my Hornby Colletts in suitable livery;  I might see my Kernow 1361s this year - one never knows about such things (and possibly even the D6XX!!!!!!); the Bachmann 94XX is - I think - far from likely this year; the Dapol (who???) Gloucester RC&W Co bubble car might appear in the correct original livery/condition - they say it will but I wonder if they'll get it right?; not so sure about the Dapol flying banana as at one stage CADwise it was a right lash up but it might appear this year too;  and to cap it all that nice Mr Coachmann is doing some WR coaches.  Big question mark is whether Hornby's pre disaster plans will come to fruition but I doubt we''l see much of them this year ;)

• Like 1

Should be in Cornwall soon then all being well - I quite fancy a trip down to Camborne, saves on the postage ;)

I spoke to Cornwall earlier today. I needed to ensure that they use interlink to deliver so as I can reroute the parcel to our local corner shop as I'm not that sure my wife will be overly impressed by the arrival of these coaches... Cornwall seemed a little jaundiced. I got the sense they would believe it when they see all the variations arrive in their warehouse

David

• RMweb Gold

I spoke to Cornwall earlier today. I needed to ensure that they use interlink to deliver so as I can reroute the parcel to our local corner shop as I'm not that sure my wife will be overly impressed by the arrival of these coaches... Cornwall seemed a little jaundiced. I got the sense they would believe it when they see all the variations arrive in their warehouse

David

warehouse??????????  We aren't talking about Hattons here you know ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm!

Brent to Newcastle inter-regional required I think Robin.

Eeeeere! Get on you Janner!

Edited by 46444
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
warehouse??????????  We aren't talking about Hattons here you know ;)[/quote

Might account for why he said they would be keen to get stuff out even if incomplete!

Indeed. On my last couple of visits there were Hornby boxes piled everywhere, while staff (they aren't very numerous) were valiantly fulfilling orders on the O2, and the proprietor was busy serving customers!

I've never had the pleasure of going to their shop. Even with the dearth of model shops in north east London, going to Cornwall would be a tough internal sell.

She's also wised up that most UK based holidays I plan have convenient stop off points at railway sites!

Very interested to learn, as a resident of the Land of the Prince Bishops, that there is an direct train from Darlington to Plymouth.  I don't know if it goes any further.  It's  a long way to go to visit a model shop, still, we have family in Cornwall ....

• RMweb Premium

Very interested to learn, as a resident of the Land of the Prince Bishops, that there is an direct train from Darlington to Plymouth. I don't know if it goes any further. It's a long way to go to visit a model shop, still, we have family in Cornwall ....

There is an Edinburgh / Penzance train and return. It calls at Darlington at 12.13 and arrives at PZ at 20.54, a long trip.

Edit to add times.

Edited by Siberian Snooper