Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

16 hours ago, 1466 said:

My 3d printed body of a curved frame Bulldog arrived today . Captain Kernow commented that they are in the first rank of 3 d manufacturers and I agree .

Ive struggled to add photos but will try again . I think that my example is well detailed and exquisite . I have no interest or connection with the manufacturer except as a contented customer .

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

That looks very nice indeed!  Very well proportioned and delicately detailed.  Perhaps I could mention just one thing - 2021 class 0-6-0 pannier tank?

Gerry

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

If you'd like any particular shots Rob let me know and I'll see if I can oblige.  I have to avoid work until this evening, but I intend to see the lights and lamp working (using the controller you sold me all those years ago 🤣).

Well if you're asking @Tim Dubya can you flip it up over and take a few shots of the delicious underframe/bogies as I have a penchant for this kind of detail.😉

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Well if you're asking @Tim Dubya can you flip it up over and take a few shots of the delicious underframe/bogies as I have a penchant for this kind of detail.😉

That sounds a bit like a model railway equivalent of "up skirting"*...........

*google at your peril.............

Rob

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, 1466 said:

My 3d printed body of a curved frame Bulldog arrived today . Captain Kernow commented that they are in the first rank of 3 d manufacturers and I agree .

Ive struggled to add photos but will try again . I think that my example is well detailed and exquisite . I have no interest or connection with the manufacturer except as a contented customer .

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_9642.jpeg.b8dcf4affa1c17d80034b71a56e3ed8f.jpegWhile it has yet to be fitted with number plates, and until I can buy some handrail knobs I cant fit the boiler handrails, I am really pleased with it after a coat of paint.   I have reused the buffer heads and smokebox bits off the Dukedog body. Tender is also not properly attached while I wait on the boiler handrails.

Highly recomended!

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Will do sir.  I must say the undergubbins are delightful, with a wire thingy (pull rod) that returns one's bogies to the straight position.  It wasn't until I flipped her belly up did I realise that there were contacts on the bogie and thus lighting.

Only an hour to go at work (less if I fall asleep).

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

IMG_9642.jpeg.b8dcf4affa1c17d80034b71a56e3ed8f.jpegWhile it has yet to be fitted with number plates, and until I can buy some handrail knobs I cant fit the boiler handrails, I am really pleased with it after a coat of paint.   I have reused the buffer heads and smokebox bits off the Dukedog body. Tender is also not properly attached while I wait on the boiler handrails.

Highly recomended!

I’m weakening. I don't need one but I want one. I've always liked Bulldogs... Even if it goes 'in the stash' while I acquire the other bits for building next winter. 3335 Tregothnan I think - actually not withdrawn from Exeter in 1948 but transferred to Cornwall... 🙂

Edited by TrevorP1
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

Does that mean they will be doing the long ones, or did the WR have both sorts?

John

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/marooned-in-suburban-paradise-mark-1-subs-in-maroon-unveiled?fbclid=IwAR2L48kMhbq1Rg6AR-jHbMQL3CWd7EfdQyxufMuQCuyc2gdM0YcOgFyoJWk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

IMG_20240222_1735429832.jpg.4f17037d95361f3d0618a6c04ecba73d.jpg

IMG_20240222_173733994.jpg.bf152140bdbcf2fe13df0b761e9374ff.jpg

IMG_20240222_173719373.jpg.7bfa7bbc12808ca8762dc58e30440e4a.jpg

IMG_20240222_173723859.jpg.7730a14aedd880f25ddf0ede2640125e.jpg

IMG_20240222_173810845.jpg.024bdcfa575938a58f4834a0c87456df.jpg

I just can't get any decent light and therefore a good shot of it I'm afraid.  It's raining otherwise I'd take it outside for a go.

IMG_20240222_173713543.jpg

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

If anyone wants a pic of anything in particular I'll give it a go, having now discovered the macro (make everything darker and a bit yellow setting) on my phone.

Cheers 

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Ian Hargrave said:

Well so it should.Gaugemaster give a lifetime warranty don’t they . I’ve had one 26 years 

I bought it off Rob of this very parish about 10 years ago... although it might have been longer (or shorter).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

I bought it off Rob of this very parish about 10 years ago... although it might have been longer (or shorter).

Enjoying the light show. One will be just right coupled to my crimson GW SRM. ( Not your particular variant I hasten to add though).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TrevorP1 said:

I’m weakening. I don't need one but I want one. I've always liked Bulldogs... Even if it goes 'in the stash' while I acquire the other bits for building next winter. 3335 Tregothnan I think - actually not withdrawn from Exeter in 1948 but transferred to Cornwall... 🙂

Which by coincidence, is one of two (the other is 3313) curved frame shells I've produced, in it's latest condition...

As far as possible, my shells are based on specific subjects where I have photographs at a known point in time.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, heraldcoupe said:

Which by coincidence, is one of two (the other is 3313) curved frame shells I've produced, in it's latest condition...

As far as possible, my shells are based on specific subjects where I have photographs at a known point in time.

I think that settles it then Bill! If you can pm me with payment details I’d like one please. No rush at all, in your own time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, TrevorP1 said:

Mine is 3335 (or at least it will be once the number plates arrive, seeing as it would have often been passing through Brent it would be rude not to!

• Like 2