A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Rob, I think I've got some left-over Hall name and number plates that I don't need. When I get home I'll check and let you know what they are.

Rob -

4906 Bradfield Hall

5985 Mostyn Hall

6934 Beachamwell Hall

6956 Mottram Hall

Any or all of these are yours for the asking.

• Like 1

As the Bachmann model will be plain green it makes sense to look at 4994 and 4997 then. ;)

That's interesting - have they confirmed that to you? Great if so as the general consensus seems to be no Collett Halls received GWR lined green postwar, despite the Swindon directive in mid '47 that they should. Will definitely be in the market for one now.

• RMweb Gold

That's interesting - have they confirmed that to you? Great if so as the general consensus seems to be no Collett Halls received GWR lined green postwar, despite the Swindon directive in mid '47 that they should. Will definitely be in the market for one now.

Yes and it will be general knowledge with an announcement I'm told. I gently ​persuaded them to go for unlined. ;) Keep it to yourself.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

'Hall' this talk about Hall's!

Think we need a few snaps over the weekend from our resident tame photographer....

Lined or unlined?.....

By the way the Leeds Festival is now in full swing! :O

Edited by 46444

• RMweb Gold

Think we need a few snaps over the weekend from our resident tame photographer....

Lined or unlined?.....

Sorry but swmbo is taking me away for a dirty weekend but don't tell the wife....

• RMweb Gold

Lined or unlined?.....

I believe the B17s named after Halls spent most of their lives in lined green of one sort or another, only spent a bit of the war in unlined black...

• Like 1

I believe the B17s named after Halls spent most of their lives in lined green of one sort or another, only spent a bit of the war in unlined black...

A lot of B-17s were named after pin up girls! :senile:

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

I have 5926, GROTrian Hall. Free, except for a couple of big baps, to a good ANTB

Philth.

When I was a spotty fourth-former, that name was the height of hilarity. Imagine my delight when I found out that it was allocated to St Blazey in the 1950s! It now runs (in lined black) on the Mid-Cornwall Lines.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

When I was a spotty fourth-former, that name was the height of hilarity. Imagine my delight when I found out that it was allocated to St Blazey in the 1950s! It now runs (in lined black) on the Mid-Cornwall Lines.

I was innocent back then but Hardwick Hall was a bit of a giggle.

P

• Like 2

I have recently purchased a Bachmann No.4965 Rood Ashton Hall split from the Shakespeare Express train pack, mainly because I like the fully lined GWR livery and the pairing with the 3500 gallon tender. I guess this is correct for this loco in preservation?

I believe the early Halls were paired with 3500 gallon tenders? Can any of you GWR Hall experts provide me with a few name/number combinations. I have the plates for 4953 Pitchford Hall, would this be a possible candidate?

Glenn - Hall's well that ends well!

Edited by mattingleycustom

• RMweb Premium

I managed to run the 3 Bachmann Halls I have, all were fairly equal in pulling power and they hauled 40 vans and a new Hornby brake van,

the brake van had an issue with the brake rigging it was fouling the wheel flanges the rigging was removed for some trimming  :butcher:  I'm not impressed

that it happened it might be worth checking your's Rob it could cause a motor to run hot.

I was impressed by their performance of all 3 they can cope with 10 coaches but I do limit trains to 6 coaches or 20 wagons I can park 18 trains this size in the FY.

Back to the ballasting.

attachicon.gifWP_20170824_14_58_09_Pro.jpg

Wait for the Heljan 47xx when you can try the prototypical 70 van/wagon runs!

• RMweb Gold

Wait for the Heljan 47xx when you can try the prototypical 70 van/wagon runs!

I have one ordered and I have sufficient stock and a layout large enough to run a train that size. :onthequiet:

Long trains are a bit of fun for me.  :senile:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

From the other end of the country, Wandering Willie was another.

There was almost a Bulleid Light Pacific called "Brown Willy" iirc. This is actually the highest point on Bodmin Moor - 1378'. Imagine the sniggering these days...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Chris have you been reading Michael Caine's book "Not Alot of People Know That" again.

BTW are your garage doors laying up at the other end of the drive way.  :jester: